Chapter 11: Let Her Go.

I saw Esme at the counter in the Honeyduke's sweet shop. In her hands was a hot pink heart-shaped box full of chocolates. She tried to hide it from me but I beat her to the question.

"So... Who's that for?" I asked her, winking.

"It's nothing, okay? What's going on with you, anyway?" she asked me, trying to change the subject.

"Don't change the subject, Es. Come on! Who are those for?" I nudged her.

"I'll tell you in the Three Broomsticks. Let's go!" she took my arm and dragged me to the small cafe.

We found a seat in a small corner and ordered two mugs of Butterbeer.

"So?" I ask hered, waiting.

"Listen, remember that night when you came back with Draco holding hands and Blaise and I were in the common room together?" Esme clarified with me beforehand. "Yeah, you see... Blaise and I are sort of secretly dating."

"What?" I asked, grinning at her. She's got herself a treat, hasn't she? "Oh, so how long have you two been...?" I pushed for more answers.

"it's been about two weeks," she told me. Two weeks?! How could I not have known about this?

"Wow, you've got yourself quite a treat, haven't you?" I teased her, taking a sip of my butterbeer.

"So what's been going on with you and Draco?" Esme asked me, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"I think it's official for the both of us," I told her matter-of-factly. It was nice to be so open with her at times like these when we were both going through similar situations. It felt nice to be in love, to be able to have someone love you back.

"See? I told you both of you'd make the perfect couple! It was only a matter of who was more stubborn in this situation!" Esme exclaimed, giving me a I-told-you-so look.

We spent the rest of the day talking about Blaise and Draco, window shopping and browsing sweet shops and the Zonko's shop. The day ended quickly with Esme and I having dinner back at Hogwarts. We hardly bought anything but a new set of parchment and a new quill for Esme. Time flew by rather fast and it was time for lights out. Esme and I continued talking about pretty much everything and anything. By the time I was settled down in bed, I found myself exhausted. But my mind was still full of my first date with Draco. I couldn't get him off my mind easily now that we were a couple. My life felt complete, like a hole was just filled. And Draco was the one who made it whole again.

- - - 

I woke up at around six o'clock in the morning. It was a school day today. It was wonderful to be able to wake up and feel gleeful at the thought of waking up. I could see Draco today and be with him. That was pretty much everything I ever wanted. I wanted Draco. I finished washing up and changed into my school uniform. I grabbed my wand and my bagful of books and walk down to the chilly common room. Waiting at the bottom of the stairs was a treat, all right.

Draco stood there, leaning against the wall... Waiting for me. He didn't tell me about this. I guessed he was making it official to the rest of the school that we were indeed a couple and nothing less.

"Good morning, my love," Draco greeted me, kissing my cheek.

"Morning," I smiled at him. My heart was racing. It felt nice to show the world that we were together.

"Let's go for breakfast together," Draco took my hand in his and by this time, everyone in the common room had their eyes on us. I felt a blush creeping up to my cheeks and Draco squeezed my hand and made me bounce back to reality.