Chapter 28: Esme's Parents.

A/N: I'm trying my best to write as much as I can over the holidays but I have a lot of homework to complete. I'll try to write the next chapter within the next few days. Have fun! This chapter is a connection from the main story to what is to come so apologies if it's not as good as the previous ones. :) Thank you! :) x

"Here it is," I pull the black dust-covered cloth that disguised the vanishing cabinet into the dark background. "It can't transport things back and forth properly. We have to fix that part only but a simple fixing charm won't do the trick," I tell him as I fiddle around with the knob. 

"Don't go into it," Draco places his hand on top of mine, stopping me from opening it anymore. "Montague told me he nearly died when the Weasel twins thrust him in," Draco's eyes sparkled in knowledge. "And I don't want that to happen to you," he continues. 

"Oh... Right," I continue. "Let's get to work then!" 

I take my wand from my pocket and Draco does the same, taking out the manual at the same time. He flipped back and forth the pages, scanning through them quickly before settling on a page. "Here," he hands the book to me. I give it a quick read before I look to the cabinet again. I matched the drawings to the actual objects and when I finally understood everything, I put it down and moved over. 

"Here, this has to go down using a forceful spell. It's jammed because of poor use and rough handling," I get Draco to go over to the handle and both of us mutter the same spell and the handle jerks downward, to the position we wanted it to be in. 

"Perfect," he mutters, kissing my head. "What else?" 

"I haven't quite figured out. We'll need at least a month before this thing will be working properly," I tell him, disappointment etched in my voice. I wanted to get this oer and done with within a week but this bloody cabinet was too complicated for either of us to understand. "We should be at the Great Hall now. Don't want anyone to know about this, do we?" I wink at Draco who laughed.

"Let's go," he takes my hand and we walked out of the Room of Requirement together. 

George's POV

Ron was poisoned a few days ago... Katie was cursed a week ago... Rachel and Malfoy have disappeared for a long time since two weeks ago... Why am I not surprised that Malfoy was the one that planned these events to happen? But Rachel? How could she? She was Griffyndor in her blood but Slytherin in her heart. It was something not even her parents would be able to change. I saw the exhaustion in her eyes. There were dark circles under her eyes yet she was still stunningly beautiful, her long brunette hair that curled a little at the ends and her hazel eyes that shone when they hit the lights. No doubt I hated Malfoy for taking her but seeing her this happy with him made me feel confused on the inside. 

It made me happy to see Rachel smiling but it broke my heart knowing that it wasn't me putting that smile on her face. I frowned upon my plate when I see Rachel not at the Slytherin table. But my eyes dart to the entrance where she and her nasty boyfriend strolled in. He wore a proud grin on his face as he strutted in with the girl I loved. 

"Just look at that bloke," Fred said smugly behind me.

"I know. Can't believe they're still together," I continued, broken on the inside when I saw the ring that Rachel wore ever so proudly on her left ring finger. 

What were they up to now so much so that they walked in with such a good mood? I could feel the eyes of Harry, Hermione, Ron and Fred follow them from the entrance to their seat, scrutinizing every crease of their robes as if they were You-Know-Who in disguise. 

If only Rachel knew how my family were still in contact with her parents and how Ron was giving her parents updates on her whereabouts and what she was up to. If only she knew. But I didn't want to know her reaction to all this. I was pretty sure she'd be really mad if I told her. She hated her parents, I knew that. The look in her eyes when her parents were brought up in conversations made my spine tingle. She was deadly when she was angry. But yet the softness in her personality seemed to make up for all the anger and hatred she had against my family and hers and even Hermione's.