Chapter 36: The Wedding.

A/N: Hi everyone, here's the next chapter. Hopefully you'll like this one. Sorry for not posting this sooner I had loads of things to take care of. Please vote and comment on anything that can be improved on! Thank you for the 8,600 reads! x 

Three days passed in a whirl of darkness. There was hardly anything to look forward to but to sleep. But even sleep was interrupted with jabs of pain and nightmares. We were in-charge of patrolling certain areas to see if the Order would appear all of a sudden. We'd alert the others one way or another and well, capture was inevitable that way. These patrolling sessions were at night, rarely in the day. We hardly had enough sleep because in the day, we had tasks to complete. Sleeping would be conscidered a luxury because dark circles were formed around Draco and my eyes soon enough. I was overworked but the thought of having to die under the power of him propelled me to do anything he asked me to do. 

It was the day of the wedding. Narcissa wakes Draco and I up in a hurry, switching on the light and slamming the door shut with her wand. I snap awake but my head was still asleep. I fell asleep about an hour ago. I squint my eyes and I see her already dressed up, her hair done up in a bun and all. She had two boxes in her hands which she laid gently on the table. 

"Get up," she said firmly and I crawl out of bed reluctantly. "Draco!" she said more strictly. This time, the blond haired boy fumbled out of bed and walked towards his mother. I did the same. 

"Here are your clothes," she opens the boxes and throw their contents at the both of us. 

"Clothes?" Draco asked, his voice still husky and dry.

"It's today," she pauses a moment, as if she were going to cry. I saw the pain in her eyes as she glanced at me. She didn't want it to happen this way either but who had a choice? "Get ready. Breakfast will be ready in half an hour." 

With that, she turned and left the room, walking briskly out of the door and down the staircase. I sigh before I stroll to the bathroom, my head bobbing up and down tiredly. My mind was hardly awake when I felt Draco's arms wrap around my waist from behind and his chin resting on my shoulder. 

"We don't need to get married this way," he whispers into my ear. It sent shivers up and down my spine and my heart was racing.

"We do," I mutter, shifting my eyes such that I saw his face at the corner of my eye. "We know why he wants us to get married. He wants to secure my loyalty to him. I could turn away from him and reveal secrets only death eaters know to the Order. I have Gryffindor parents and it's uncertain when I'll switch loyalties. Being bound to a family of death eaters is one of his ways to ensure I don't escape, you see?" 

"We do have a choice. It's ours," he says again. This time, his voice was strained. It seemed to have ripped my heart into a million pieces. I turned around and took his hands into mine.

"We don't, we don't," I look into his grey eyes that never looked this miserable and it hurt me to see him like this. "We don't have a choice and we never did since we were marked."

That seemed to have silenced him and made him realise the blatant truth that was right in front of the both of us since that day. He glanced down at the ground before he took both my hands in his and looked at me in the eyes with his silvery grey eyes.

"Then we have to make use of this one chance and make it real," the sincerity in his eyes scared me. The ruby ring that sat on my finger felt like a ton, like a weight hanging upon my ring finger, dragging it down. 

I nod before I proceed off to the bathroom where I put on the silky, sleek black dress. My wedding dress. It stopped just below my elbows, revealing the dark mark on my forearm. I never felt so conscious of it in my life. I wanted to pull the sleeves down and make it hidden but the dress was hardly stretchable so I decide to leave it. Besides, only death eaters would be there. What was there to hide? I look at myself in the mirror and cringe when I looked into my own eyes. Dark circles surrounded them and my collar bones were sunken. I looked so tired and so... dead. Things were only turning for the worse nowadays. My mind snaps back into reality and I step out of the bathroom after brushing my hair a bit. I decide to let it fall down, past my shoulders for today. 

Draco was as usual, already changed. He obviously changed without the bathroom, since he took less time than I did when dressing up for a formal occasion. His suit was completely black. The tie, shirt and jacket were all black. When he saw me emerge from the bathroom in the dress with sequins and beads sewn down in a smooth spiral, he rushed forward and hugged me. It was so tight I had trouble breathing but then again, I liked it. It's been a long time since I've had such close hugs with someone I loved. 

It wasn't long before Draco's house elf came running into the room in a flurry. 

"Master, master, the Dark Lord is arriving in ten minutes. You need to go down to the meeting room now!" 

Draco grabbed my wrist and apparated down to the meeting room where all eyes turned to look at the both of us when we appeared out of nowhere in a swoosh.

"My, my don't the both of you look stunning," Bellatrix rushed forward to greet the both of us.

"Thank you," Draco thanked her politely.

Suddenly, the air got cold and Narcissa led us both to the front where there was a small podium. The room was chilly and everyone was seated in chairs, all angled to face the podium where the both of us were standing. There were no bridesmaids nor a best man. This would be unusual, I thought. 

Just when the procession started, my eyes met Draco's and I saw how happy yet upset he was in that moment of time. The Dark Lord was there and let's just say that this wasn't a wedding to be happy about. The room was covered in black. There were black curtains, black chairs. It would've been a funeral if not for the two of us. It wasn't long before I spaced out, my mind somewhere away from the present. It was wandering somewhere in the future or somewhere back into the past. Memories of Hermione and I flooded my mind, memories of my father, my mother and grandparents entered my mind as I nodded my head in agreement to marrying Draco. 

My mind was only fully aware of the situation when Draco's cold hands lifted mine up to place the ring on my finger. My shaking hands then took the ring that was on a black velvet pillow and slipped it on his hand in turn. It felt right, yet so wrong. I didn't know what I was doing, getting married in a place like this. 

When Draco and I turned around to face the audience, a death eater I know not the name of crashed through the doors. He was panting as he came in, his long black hair falling all over his face. He, through the exhausion, had a evil grin on his face. 

"We killed the Minister of Magic," he seethed. His black, rotten teeth showing. His lips were curled into an evil grin and the glint of success was in his jet black eyes. 

With that sentence, everyone went into a frenzy. People started apparating out from the room and into some other place, interrupting a perhaps, happy event for others. I can just imagine how chaotic everything is right now. As my feet were stood rooted on the ground, my mind in a blur as to what to do next. The snake and the Dark Lord were both missing. The only other person who was as still as I was was Draco. "Let's go," was all he said before the both of us took off out of the house, in search of someone. 

And that someone was Harry Potter.