Chapter 44: Malfoy Manor.

A/N: Hi everyone, here's the chapter I've been waiting to write for a long time. There's a slight change in Rachel's alliances here. I'm trying my best to follow the events that took place in the book and movie as closely as possible. Please comment on anything that can be improved on and keep reading! (P.S.: There was a mix-up in the chapter titled 'Orpanage (Part II)'. I think the system changed it's position and I thought it got deleted but it wasn't. I've re-positioned the chapter so there's no more confusion.) Keep voting! Thank you so much for 8,900 reads! x

I awaken to see Draco no longer my pillow but a pair of long legs pacing around the room. I open my eyes but the lights that hit my eyes hurt. I squint and I see the familiar blond hair moving back and forth to and fro the ends of the common room. When he sees my eyes open, he walks over to me. 

"You fell asleep," he said.

"About time you noticed," I comment, rolling my eyes. "What time is it?"

"Almost dinner. Blaise said there was some big announcement," he said matter-of-factly, like it was something I was supposed to know.

"What announcement?" I ask, my mind was like mushy. I couldn'y focus on anything. Must have been the exhaustion. 

"Don't know, but he didn't seem to happy about whatever it was, Blaise," he commented. I frown, thinking hard as to what could have been so bad that a big announcement could have been.

I get up from the couch, not bothering to wash up. I run my fingers through my hair, untangling any knots that formed while I was asleep. At that moment, Snape barged in through the stone doors. "Sir," I call after him. His face was distressed. 

"The both of you have to go to the Manor, now. Apparate there. I've already removed the charm on this room. I'll be sealing it back right after. When you arrive, apparate into my office," he whispered so softly only the both of us could hear. 

I nod nervously, all sorts of new tasks springing into my mind. "Yes sir," I take Draco's hand and we apparated into the living room of the Manor. 

"Oh, Snape got the message," Narcissa approaches the both of us. "Go upstairs and change into something formal then come back down immediately."

We nod our heads and rush up the stairs. What was the big occasion? Why did we have to dress formally? I take a black dress from my cabinet and Draco takes his full-black suit from his cupboard and we change into them quickly. I decide pulling my hair into a ponytail would have been sufficient. I don't bother to apply any makeup. Draco was fast, putting his suit on and gelling his hair back sleekly. We run down the stairs again, careful not to fall. My dress was not giving me the allowance I required for running. We return to the living room where Narcissa was pacing. When she sees us, she rushes forward and leads us to another room. There was a crystal chandelier and numerous paintings. I stared at the ceiling in awe until I look down and see all the death eaters gathered around three people. My heart jumped. Was it them? Hermione and her friends? My hands grip Draco's hand tightly in fear. 

"Oh, Rachel and Draco!" Bellatrix shrieks, gesturing for us to move forward. Lucius pulls Draco away from me but I keep my eyes on the three people. "Come, come, Rachel. Now, is this - " she gently pushed me to one of the people on the ground. " - Harry Potter?" She said the name with a snigger. 

"I - " I stutter. It wasn't the familiar face I saw. The one I saw was swollen, his eyes covered by his swollen cheeks. Bellatrix roughly shoves the hair off his forehead, revealing a mutilated scar right across his forehead. A lightning bolt, my brain registered. I looked closer. The person's green eye glinted in the light released by the chandelier. This is my chance, I thought. I could save them by telling Bellatrix it wasn't Harry Potter and she'll let them free at a price.