2) The Discovery

Hange POV:

Shit.

Its Happening again. I rush over to get some toilet paper to catch the liquid. I feel so very weak and tight chested. Suddenly my legs are like jelly, everything goes slo mo. I don't why I'm crying, am I suspended in this situation. Its worse than it was before, the taste becomes overwhelming. I start shaking too. Thank goodness I locked the door. I hear Levi shout through if Im okay but I can't answer, I can't find the oxygen to get my word through. I can hear him get more worried and start getting more panicked, I can hear it in his voice. I can't do this to him, I can't lie to him, even if it means I lose him. Not that I want to. I crawl limply over to the door. I reach up weakly, still coughing uncontrollably. I reach high enough so that I can flick the lock and the door unlocks before I see everything start to spin. I think I'm going to pass out. the spinning gets worse but I stay conscious long enough to see Levi open the door in a panic before I feel myself fall into the darkness and give in fighting it.

Levi POV:

"FOUR EYES WAKE UP"

I drop to my knees next to her and check her pulse, its still there but its irregular. I pick her up in a rush and carry her to her bed, what else can I do? once I lay her down, I see everything I had hoped was my imagination. her eyes had heavy bags underneath them, she was sweating profusely, her hair was dripping, her knuckles scabbed. What the hell is going on? I wander back into the bathroom where she was getting changed and I see a multitude of tissues covered in saliva, but more importantly splashed with blood. Yuck. Her bathroom is a mess, her glasses shattered on the floor from when she probably started the fit. I suddenly remember the book she was reading and I practically sprint back  to where I left it. I open the page she was on. it has hange's scribbles and notes all around it, as if she is studying. Resciticulosis (I just made this up, I am really sorry if it is a disease that already exists). that was the title of the page. My eyes welled with tears as I read the: There is no cure and has a 90% chance of being fatal. fatal.

 FATAL.

 Why hasn't she told anyone about this. I slam the book closed, making sure to note the page. I sit in the seat next to her bed, I look at her red puffy eyes and I reach to hold her scabbed hand. before I realise, I start to drift off.

Hange POV:

I wake up warm and safe. I suddenly remember what happened. I jolt up and look to my side, I see Levi sat there stirring in his sleep. I calmed down feeling his hand in mine, his soft touch. I squeezed it as a sign of appreciation even though he probably wouldn't realise. If this were any other time I would probably be so embarrassed and awkward but I don't have the energy to be so scared. I feel Levi wake and pretend to wake at the same time. he sits up and regains his perfect posture. I try to sit up shortly after but I feel like my arms can't hold my weight but I blame it on lack of sleep from previous nights.

"Four eyes" He says calmly, straight to the point, not letting go of my hand "What is happening? is the book right?"

Oh my- did I not hide the book. I remember reading It and then I fell asleep... with it on my stomach. then everything happened from when Levi came in and told me to bathe.

I just look at him and slowly nod

"Why didn't you tell me Hange?"

He used my real name. he is worried isn't he?

"I-I-" I pause for a moment "I thought if I isolated myself from everyone it wouldn't be as hard when I die..."

There was silence. The silence where you could hear a pin drop. Levi was left speechless but for all the wrong reasons. Hange pondered what to say to fill the silence but before she could conjure up something Levi spoke.

"You're not dying on me"

Those words gave more meaning and felt more heartfelt than anything I had ever heard. I started crying, then sobbing. I fell forward from crying. id never felt so alone yet so loved, it was indescribable.

I suddenly felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me and embrace me. I cried into his chest for what felt like hours. He stroked my hair and didn't complain once about me getting tears all over him, he really did care. 

After id gotten all the crying out of my system I looked up at his grey eyes and his eyes locked with me. I did a big sniffle in and smelt his fresh smell of what smelt like lotus, probably from his soap or something. He carried on stroking my freshly washed hair and held me as if he would never let go. he said nothing the whole time, he didn't need to, his presence was enough for me. my eyes got lost in his and honestly, anyone who looked from the side would think we were dating and to be honest, I wish we were. Anyone who saw us right now would probably laugh at us, especially the new recruits. that's when I realised that the curtains were open and anyone could see in, even though my room is on the second floor. when I glanced out I saw a group of the new recruits staring back at me. If Levi sees them they're dead, SO DEAD. I don't care though, as I sink back down into Levis hold.

Levi POV:

after however many more minutes of holding a wreck of a Hange they both separated, Hange now a lot calmer, I stalked up to the window and started only to be greeted by a group of new recruits, they saw me and bolted, as they should. I turned away and picked up the book from Hange's table and brought it over to where hange was. I flicked open the slightly torn and stained pages til I got to Hanges scribbles and annotations. I stood up and dusted it off as well as myself. I turned and looked at her intently and I said the 4 words that she maybe did or didn't want to hear but has to be said.

"We need to talk"

AN: Heyooo basically the same as last time but sorry if this is bad , I wrote this while having major cramp in my leg whoops. Im sad about my own fic lmaooooooo

word count: 1165