11) The unexpected

Hange POV:

I sit up, aching. I stretch my arms out and look down at a shirtless Levi, little, light scratches on his shoulders and little nail bumps. I suddenly remember and jump up, running over to the mirror, I see me in Levi's shirt staring back at me. I run my hands over the little love marks all over my shoulders and neck. somehow, even though Levi is shorter than me, his night shirt still fits comfortably on me.

"Shit, how do I cover this" I mutter and rub my hands over my eyes and hold them there for a while, until I feel a pair of arms engulf my waist.

"Levi, I didn't hear you get up" I say

"it was hard not to with your reaction seeing yourself" he laughed. He was stood in his baggy night trousers which he must've quickly pulled on before coming over.

"Well how do I cover this up then?!" I say in dismay. He laughs at me as he starts getting into his normal clothes.

"Wear a scarf I guess" he says.

"Well at least I didn't put anything on your neck" I say "Anyways, are your um..." I rub my neck while blushing "your scratches okay, do you need anything on them?"

"Hange, I can't even feel them" he says reassuringly "Anyways are you okay?"

"Yes, of course I am. Just aching a little bit" I say, stretching, showing the little marks on my legs as the top moves upwards. I see his face curl into a smirk.

"I've marked you mine now" he reaches up and whispers in my ear and then kisses my neck. I giggle and turn to remove him from my neck and replace it with my lips.

"Come on then, we need to get ready. And somehow get out without anyone noticing... this" I say

We get ready and I throw an old scarf around my neck. I lean my head around the door to make sure no one is there and we both quickly sneak out and head down for breakfast.

"We can't talk about it now" I say, "but come to my lab after dinner like normal, yeah?"

"I'll be there" he says back

"Im going to look at some of the body parts of the severed titan we caught today, see what I can find" I say enthusiastically as we walk through the doors of the dining room. I see loads of eyes stare at us as we walk through. We've kept our relationship a secret this whole time and as far as anyone knows, we're just friends, only Mike and Erwin know. Yet for some reasons all eyes are on us. I look up at the clock, we're not late, we're both In uniform. It doesn't make sense.

We walk over to our seats and conversation starts back up from everyone else. We eat breakfast normally and I have casual conversation with different people. Once we finish, Erwin beckons me over to the corner. I walk over and catch Levi's eye, concerned as I walk over.

"Whats with the scarf, Squad Leader?" He questions

"Oh...um.. I- My throat hurts and you're supposed to keep it covered and warm" What I said wasn't a complete lie, my throat and cough wasn't getting any better but I'm okay at keeping it under control. After all, Im half way through the expectancy without figuring out how to save myself.

"Okay, Do you need it checked out?"

"NO" I say suddenly. he looks very startled, not expecting that. "No, sorry. I mean, its nothing bad, ill be fine"

"Okay Squad Leader, if you're sure"

Fast forward to training...

Its just me and Eren, I stole him from Levi and his squad to experiment. I run around his ankles, inspecting them. I squeal in excitement