6) Losing you

Levi POV:

She is warm now and she is calmer as she lays contently on my chest, her face buried into my shirt as I return the affection, show I'm there. I want to help her so bad, with how she is feeling now and with everything, she means everything to me, I think I love MY four eyes. Now seems like the right time to ask her what happened.

"Well, what happened there four eyes?"

she mumbled something so inaudible I don't even think anyone with impeccable hearing would've been able to hear.

"What?"

She said it again, this time slightly louder but muffled because her head was still in my chest, and after a few seconds of deciphering I realised what she said

Nightmare

"What about?" she looked up slowly at me with her big, chocolate eyes and mumbled some more.

"Hange, you're going to have to speak up, Ive not got super hearing" I said as I realised this is the first conversation where I have said more than Hange. She practically whispered her response but loud enough so I could hear it.

"You died on me Levi, before I could say something important, we all did, the whole squad, me included. I couldn't save you Levi"

"Hange" I tilt her face up so I can look her in the eyes. her cheeks suddenly get covered with a light coating of pink and her eyes widen, as if letting you see right through into her soul. "Im not going anywhere"

"Is that a promise?"

"Promise" I held out my pinky finger because I know she likes it when I do that. she takes hers and links it with mine and then she puts her forehead to mine while I'm still looking down at her.

"Lucky you're a shorty, Levi, or else I wouldn't be able to reach your head"

"Tsk, shut up you little brat"

"Are you sure LITTLE is the right word to describe me, especially coming from you?"

"Tsk" Hange chuckled, her forehead still attached to mine.

"Did your dear Hange leave Shorty a little speechless there?" she teased

"you are such a pest, you know that?"

"Loud and Clear Captain"

she lowers herself back down again, into the crook of my neck this time though. I can feel the heavy breaths on my neck which make me shudder, she still has the little hiccups. my mind flicked back onto her dream which she mentioned and I decided to ask her a question. It was probably something random knowing Hange but he wanted to know deep down in his heart, if she loved him back.

"What did you need to tell me?"

"Huh???"

"You said you didn't get to tell me something important in your dream, what was it?" her face turned a BRIGHT beetroot red

"Uhhh-I-umm-errr-I-I don't remember?" she answered my question as if it were another question but that gave me more hope than if she just gave me a direct answer. I decided not to dig anymore, uncertainty was enough to please me.

"So what happened in your nightmare, explain it all to me"

After a while of Hange explaining it in full detail. How happy she felt, being close with the squad, how intrigued she was when she saw that the abnormal could harden its nape, how distressed she felt when she saw me in the abnormals hand, the excruciating pain she felt knowing she had to accept the fact that I was dead and she was going to be crushed by the monster. For any sane person, this would put them off titan studying for the rest of their lives. No, correction, no sane person would study titans to start with. Not Hange though, this just made her want to learn about it more, maybe not that specific titan but any abnormal. She has always believed there could be more than what meets the eye about them. It's admirable that she keeps her mind open.

"Why couldn't you stop screaming for ages when I came in Hange?"

"I don't know and then I started coughing, it was like I had no control over anything anymore, like everything had shut down in me. I was powerless. I never want to feel like that again"

"I don't want you to either Hange"

"Aww look at little Levi, you do care!"

"Hange, we have been through this, I do care. Tsk" She gave me a big toothy grin, she looked a lot happier than what she was when he first came in. I look up at the clock on the wall for what feels like the 20th time today. 4:15 am. what time did I come in here, like 3:30am? the universe really wants me in this room today doesn't it?

Hange POV:

Im curled up.. in the same bed... being given affection... by Levi flipping Ackerman. the guy I love who probably doesn't even love me back. I need to tell him, I don't know if I will survive and I don't want to go my life without telling him how I feel. I love my shorty, from the way he looks at me, to the way he talks to me. I love his thin, angry eyebrows and his constantly downturned lips. I love how we are complete opposites to each other yet we still manage to be thrown together for everything, wether by decision or fate. I love his very rare smile and his small pointy noise. as annoying as it can be, I love the fact he is so hygienic, I would be a walking mess without him. I will tell him. I will tell him tonight. I will admit to it and face the consequences, even if it means losing our friendship, I can't go on like this, I might die anyways so what is their to lose.

I notice how, out of everyone, it has been him to check on me, he is the one there for me the most. I look up at the clock and notice the time. the world really wants me awake lately, doesn't it? I notice Levi looking too but he doesn't make a move to get up or leave. Now would be the perfect time but I just can't muster the courage, he looks so peaceful and relaxed, I don't want to disturb that. Fuck you Levi, why do you cause me to think all these things and lose my cool. Im a grown woman, I should never fall so easily and so hard for someone. I feel like a school child.

Another 5 minutes pass by. Im going to tell him. I can do this.

"Levi..."

"Hange" he replied without a gap in-between

"You know when you were asking what I had to tell you?"

"Yes, that did only happen about 10 minutes ago"

"It was that..." I gulp. Come on Hange. Just say it, its not that big of a deal. He will either say it back or won't, its not the end of the world.

"I didn't get to say I love you"

"Huh? Speak up four eyes"

"I love you Shorty"

AN: The moment you have all been waiting for, my fellow Levihan shippers, please appreciate the moment of love. Also, just for some therapy for you all, there is a recording online of Levi and Hange's VAs doing a skit where they admit their love for eachother. at an OFFICIAL event. In my head, that means that the VAs ship it too. I saw it on TikTok but you could probably find it on YouTube pretty easily. anyways hoped you enjoyed this chapter. its currently 3am, I just can't seem to time my creative bursts. Anyways hope you're all okay!

Word Count: 1304