5) Bloody Nightmares

Hange POV:

This is in Hanges Nightmare:

"Come on Levi" I smile at him, we branch off from everyone else of us with the rest of the Levi squad behind us. We gallop through the open plains of land beyond the walls that kept us safe for centuries. I hear Jean and Eren arguing behind and Mikasa trying to shut them up.

"Shut up Brats before I feed you to a titan" Levi snapped. Despite his height, everyone was still intimidated by him. His eyes to everyone else were like steel, piercing through their soul. They should be scared, he is humanities strongest after all.

We carry on galloping, my hair becoming messier and messier as the wind picks up. I take one hand of my reins to straighten my glasses with my ring and middle finger which had fallen slightly down my nose. the weather is good for an expedition and we are hoping not to come across too Many titans, although I want to take one back to experiment with, still working convincing Erwin though. After riding for a few more minutes we see a smoke signal go off, a black one. Ooooo so exciting, maybe I could experiment on an abnormal. I turn to Levi straight away but before I can say anything he goes

"Do not get any ideas four eyes"

"But Levi-"

"No, were on a mission Hange"

I try to argue again but before I can, more smoke signals got off from all different directions. I look to my right to see a dozen of them all charging at another squad then in front of us, I see a titan, not any normal titan though, an abnormal. I set off my smoke signal and Levi addresses his squad.

"We kill it asap and move on, am I clear?"

a bunch of yes's and voices of approval returned back at Levi as he readied he ODM a long with the rest of us. Levi was the first to go, followed by Mikasa and Jean. Levi latches on to the titans arm swiftly and heads for the nape while the other two distract it. This is certainly one abnormal, I wish I could use it for experiments but I know I can't. I go and latch onto its leg and slash its ankles at full speed. The abnormal slashes at my cord but I pull it away just in time. I look up and see Levi close to the nape but before he can get there, the abnormal freezes it over just in time, breaking one of Levi's swords. I gasp and gawk at it in curiosity and I get more intrigued about that tests I could conduct on it. I snap out of it and am horrified by the sight I am greeted with.

Jean is sprawled on the floor, crushed, lifeless, I turn and see the same thing with Connie and Sasha. Mikasa and Armin are barely still fighting, the abnormal grabs hold of Armins wire and throws him down with such force that he most likely died on impact. I see off to the left of me, Even lose his cool and bite his hand. I stare shell shocked, we didn't plan for it to go this way. I suddenly realise I can't see Levi anywhere, my eyes frantically dart everywhere, searching, hoping to see his wires shooting around the air. I don't. What I'm greeted with is worse than I could've ever imagined. I see the abnormals fists clench around him, I see Levi struggling, not giving up, but instead of eating him, she throws him against a tree. I can't stop myself. I speed over to Levi as fast as I can and I can feel tears falling down my face like a waterfall. Levi can't have been outwitted by that titans bitch, he's stronger than that, I'm just imagining this. I kneel down next to him, sobbing. He musters the strength together to string together a sentence...

"Thank you, Hange.... you're the..." he squirms in pain "the best...p-p-person... in my-my-my life"

I check his pulse frantically and start crying even harder.

"LEVI NO" I scream "I NEVER GOT TO TELL YOU I LOVE YOU"

Before I can say anything else I see a large shadow come over me, I hear a few shouts but I can't move. I accept this is it.

I scream.

out of dream:

Then I wake up still screaming, crying and sweating.

Levi POV:

I jolt awake. is that Hange?

I keep hearing the blood curdling scream, it is coming from next door. Before I have time to even get changed I bolt out of the door at full speed. I see a few more cadets out of their rooms but none of them make a move after they see me go in, they most likely retreat back to their rooms. I barge through the door and close it quickly behind me. What I see in front of me pains me.

She is still screaming slightly, its like she can't stop. she has her hand over her mouth and she is shaking. When I said that the worst id ever seen her was earlier, its now been topped. The tears are still streaming down her face and she is in a cold sweat. she looks horrified, as if she had just seen something that would scar her for life. she slowly looks up, still shaking, and sees me and starts crying even harder. then she loses control of her breathing and starts coughing too. I rush around to her side, move her shaking hand away from her mouth and get the tissues and hold them up to her as she starts spluttering.I use my free hand to hold one of her hands too, so she knows I'm here. If this were anyone else I would leave them to cough because this is disgusting. I don't leave her side though. what the hell has set her off like this?! I hear footsteps stop outside the door every so often, probably trying to listen in on Hange's broken, breathless screams and coughs. I wish they would piss off, the have no right to be nosy in a moment like this. Pieces of shit.

Hange POV:

I can't stop. I can feel him by me, I know he is here but I just can't control it, it felt so real. I can't imagine losing him. I need to tell him how I feel and risk it but I can't even stop screaming and coughing right now, never mind admit my love. I'm shaking so bad, I can hear footsteps outside, I have probably woken the whole camp by now, this will be an interesting one to explain tomorrow. Why can't I calm down? This is horrible.

"M-m-m-make it -s-s-s-stop L-Levi" I choked out between each raspy breath I try to take and cough scream thing I let out.

"Shh shh shh Hange Im here" he says "Im here now"

I calm down a little bit after hearing his voice, I've stopped screaming completely at least but not crying or sweating. Now I've stopped screaming, the coughs are less violent and no more blood comes out when I do so. They are also less frequent but nevertheless Levi keeps hold of my hand. After sometime my shaking calms down and I start to run out of liquid in my body to physically cry out. Levi hugs me and I bury my head into the crook between his shoulder and his neck. He strokes my messy hair with one hand and holds onto my still shaking hand with the other. after some more time, we both pull apart and Levi hands me a glass of water which I finish in an instant. I look up at him, my read puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. I wipe the, only slightly shaking, back of my hand underneath my nose and sniff upwards. he hand me a tissue in which I take gratefully and blow my nose with such force he steps back. What time is it? I look up at my clock? ah shit, 3:30am. Im in big trouble with commander Erwin tomorrow.

I keep drawing deep breaths in and out, copying Levi's breathing like he told me to. After a while I slump down and hug my knees, wanting to shut myself away from the darkness of the outside. I feel the covers shuffle about and then the mattress feel heavier than before. A strong arm surrounds my back and pulls me in close. I lean on his chest and sigh heavily, with the after crying hiccups (tell me I'm not the only one who sometimes gets after crying hiccups) and he smiles sadly at me and ruffles my hair. I bury myself deeper into his night shirt and he just whispers gently.

"Well, what happened there, four eyes?"

AN: OH MY! I really hope you guys like this chapter because its my longest yet and I really hard on it. I love writing this and I really hope you guys like reading it too, Also if you're reading this and you know me irl and I haven't given you permission, please stop ✋. This account is an identity where I interact with some complete strangers and maybe make some new friends with similar interests? I thought you might want to know about me. My name is Madeleine and I'm bi she/her but I'm not disclosing my age for personal reasons. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed.

Word count: 1611