4) The Plan of Action

Hange POV:

I smirked boldly at his concentrated face.

"Well, Im working on a formula, which is why I haven't been sleeping at night for about 3 days and-"

"Well that explains why I keep finding you slumped in the halls asleep" He stated

"YOURE THE ONE WHO KEEPS CARRYING ME TO BED?!" I interrogated probably a bit too enthusiastically 

He just nervously nods and puts his head down and as he does so I see his cheeks dusted with pink. My cheeks go red too, understandably. He loos so adorable.

"Anyways" I say "I don't know how long it will take, I don't even know if there is an operation I can have outside of the camp-"

"Why don't you ask?!" Levi asks

"No. that's last case scenario to ask. I don't want to leave the camp, I need to keep studying titans in the day or help train the new recruits and then study medicine at night. Its my only option Levi." I state matter of factly

"Yeah but Hange your health comes first. Put yourself first"

"Yeah but shorty, this is all hypothetical, I don't even know if a cure exists and if it did, where would I go? I probably couldn't afford it anyways, it wouldn't be covered in military expenses. plus the book says there isn't one.."

"Yes but Hange, when was that book written, like a century ago? take that into account, many things have been discovered since then" he flicks through the book until he stops on a page "See, this has a cure now that didn't then, things are discovered Hange, don't give up on people outside the scouts just because of your book." 

I look at him dead in the eye. they match his personality perfectly, they remind me of a storm, a grey with tinges of a deep blue splattered around. they are beautiful. I find myself lost for a while and have to force myself out of my trance to reply to his comment.

"Yeah I guess you're right shorty"

"I know I am Four Eyes. Also with your current schedule, where do you find to sleep, have moments to yourself and with others, eat?"

"I figure it out, I sleep on my day off and have quick naps throughout the week, I eat when I'm hungry and I just tried to isolate myself, as Ive said"

"Hange, not eating and sleeping properly isn't going to help your health, please think logically, isn't that your strong point, your brains"

"Yeah"

"So what can I do?" He asks intently, gazing at me. I can tell he has noticed I'm very restless and as I go to stand up he pulls me back in attempt to calm me down a bit.

"I don't want to get you involved Shorty" I reluctantly say

"Well I want to, and I'm not giving you an option"

"I don't know how you can help me then, Im not sure this is exactly your strong point honestly" I admit

"Well I need to help, so we need to figure out a way I can be of any use" he says

I ponder. I don't want him getting involved but I knew he wouldn't settle for that. 

"Be there for me Shorty" He opens his mouth to talk but I carry on "And if you insist on being useful, come to my lab at 7 tomorrow night... oh and help me with some of my paperwork, I swear if Erwin gives me one more piece I will tear his eyebrows off-"

Levi chuckled at that. Let me just process that in my head. HE LAUGHED. Levi Ackerman... laughed?

"Okay Hange, I will do that"

There is a moment of silence after that, my eyes wander around the room, everything is clean, why have I only just noticed this. My paperwork is stacked neat and tidy, my quill and ink pot neatly tucked away at the side of my desk, my bloody tissues all in the bin.

"Hey Clean Freak, when did you tidy my room?"

"When you were asleep" he said emotionlessly

"But you were next to me when I was sleeping..."

"It was somewhere in between that, okay?!" He snapped,  as if he has something to hide, I don't think he knows that I knew he was holding my hand. whoops.

Levi POV:

I look at the clock, its a lot later than I thought, everyone else was most likely asleep. I wonder if anyone has noticed I'm not in my room... at least its our day off tomorrow, that means I NEED to make sure Hange gets enough sleep. I look over to her and for the first time really appreciate her features. Her warm chocolate brown eyes that go crazy whenever she is excited, her messy but comforting hair, her hooked nose that most people wouldn't like but I love, her smooth complexion that she always manages to get dirty even if she doesn't go outside, her beautiful smile contrasted by her chapped lips. from her description she definitely wouldn't strike you as mightily attractive but to me she is perfect, even if she is like a scruffy puppy- wait what am I thinking? Im doing it again, I'm day dreaming about her. What is wrong with me? Do I really like Hange, this literal freak who could be on her death bed.I rub my hands over my face in confusion. Come on, think, she is dirty, unhygienic, loud, over excitable. If it were anyone else I would be staying far away, so why do I always feel myself intrigued by you, attracted to you like a magnet? Hange, what are you doing to me? I suddenly notice myself still staring and hange's scabby hands waving in front of my eyes as I snap back into reality.

"Levi, are you okay?"

"Tsk" I hope she understands that as a yes. Im sure she will, she knows I'm a man of few words. I look her bathroom door and see the little chunk of wood missing from where I was trying to get in, that one will be interesting to explain to Erwin when it comes to that point. I step out of Hange's bed and pick up the book with me and take it out of her reach. I go over to her chair to get my jacket off the back of it. I look at the clock again, another 10 minutes has gone by, its 11 at night. Hange doesn't move, she just watches me as I collect my stuff, its the saddest I've ever seen her tonight. She looks genuinely scared, even the titans don't give her this reaction. I walk over to the side of her bed and put tissues and glass of water on the side, she doesn't even flinch.

"Ill see you tomorrow, Four Eyes"

She looks up at me with those warm eyes that look glossy because of the tears welled up in them. No matter how hard she tries, this is very hard for her as it is for me too.

"See you, Shorty"

"Tsk, Im only next door, you know that"

she nods quickly and I walk out of the door. I clean myself up and get into my own bed, it takes me a while to get to sleep, my mind a whir but in the end I drift off into a light sleep.

AN: hiya, im sorry if this chapter isn't very good but I'm trying. I just wanted to let everyone know about why I'm using she pronouns for Hange. After doing some research online, I realised Isayama gave everyone their own opinions and left her gender undisclosed. most websites I went on referred to her as a she/they so I have decided to use she because even though they is very valid too, when I first started watching the show a while ago, in my head she was a she. Im really sorry if anyone disagrees with this, if anyone has any other references about her pronouns please do send me the link although it would be quite hard to go and change them now :/

anyways, hope everyone enjoyed the chapter.

Word count: 1373