17) Epilogue

5 years in the future, in my head Levi is now 34 and Hange is 32 but it doesn't even matter, make them in your head whatever age you want. Anyways, they aren't fighting titans anymore, they won. I have read the manga so I do know what rlly happens but this is fiction so yeah :). everything is like normal life

Hange POV:

Could I?... There is no way. But maybe? I've had weird cravings, I've been throwing up, I feel a bit bigger? Ah maybe I am. We have wanted a child so it isn't bad news we just didn't exactly think so soon. Maybe I should just take a test, just to check. surely it would be a good idea. What do I do if I am, I mean, does that mean I have to stop my work? I love my job as a medicinal scientist, it would be a shame if id have to stop for a while. We haven't even been trying long so surely I'm not already pregnant, that would be really weird. 

I walk into the bathroom and take the test, fully expecting it to be negative. Part of me wants it to be positive and part of me wants it to be negative. What if we aren't good parents, what if we don't make it happy enough? I'm overthinking this, I'm sure we would be fine. We have wanted this for ages. I mean we got married 2 years ago for flips sake, we can definitely handle a child, we've been through enough to know that. Once we overcame the titans, we lost most soldiers in the process and we decided we don't want to keep on fighting for the sake of it, we both left the military to pursue normal lives. I decided to pursue medicine and science and Levi opened a tea shop. We're both very content.

I look down, the test should nearly have its results now. It's weird, when I said this over 5 years ago, I always thought it was a dream and that was it, so far out of reach with the reality we lived in. I never imagined I would be here, married to the man I love, both of us still alive, even though we both nearly died in the last battle. This was unimaginable yet now this is our beautiful reality. We live in a beautiful house, in a nice community, were comfortable. I look down again and see its given me an answer.

Positive.

Levi POV:

I walk in after a busy shift in my shop. 

"Heyyy Leviiii" Hange shouts

"Hey, how come you're already home?" I ask

"Oh I threw up in the toilets at work, no biggie" She says casually while running down the stairs to give me a kiss.

"What?! are you okay? do you need some medicine?" I ask cautiously 

"No No No" She says "But I do have something I NEED to tell you later hehe"

"Okay" I say with a raised eyebrow "Well, lay down on the sofa and I'll keep you occupied while I make dinner okay" 

She complies and I throw a blanket over her. She talks to me about what she is working on while I make pasta, I'm more than happy to listen as she babbles on, she has always been the more talkative one and I like it that way.

"As much as I'm enjoying this story" I say, interrupting her and walking over, offering my hand "Dinner is ready"

"Yay!" She says, getting up a little too quickly and making herself a bit dizzy

"Calm down Four Eyes, you're going to only make yourself worse"

we both sit at the table and she starts eating straight away.

"Jeez, you were hungry" I say

"Sorry, I was craving pasta hehe"

"Anyways, didn't you say you had to tell me something"

"Oh Yeah, Let me finish my dinner and I'll go and get it" She says excitedly. It doesn't take her long for her to finish her food. The second she finishes she practically leaps up and goes to get whatever she wanted to give me. My brain is ticking over, it definitely isn't our anniversary, I haven't forgotten anything Im sure. I finish my food by the time she comes down with a long narrow box in her hands.