Chapter 13

Veronica stands in front of her full length mirror. She smiles widely and admires her outfit and makeup. She feels pretty. She does not often feel like this anymore, not since she had Everleigh but today, she feels attractive.
She runs her hands down her body. The maroon red silk dress feels great on her fingertips. She never wore this dress before, it's new. She bought it a couple of weeks ago, she bought it only for him. The dark lipstick matches the color of the dress. Her raven hair is as always slightly curled. Her cheeks are rosy and her eyes shine.
A knock on the door brings her back to reality. She giggles, slips into her black heels, grabs her purse and walks to the door. She takes a deep breath before she opens it with a big smile on her face.

"Hi Archiekins"

"Hi Ronnie baby" he smirks. He places his hands on her waist and kisses her lips. "You look so beautiful, absolutely gorgeous"

"Thank you"

"Ready?" he asks. He lets go of her waist and reaches for her hand. She nods while intertwining her fingers with Archie's.

"Great" he chuckles. "I didn't plan anything special. It's just a dinner date-"

"Archie" Veronica interrupts. "I don't need fancy dates all the time. An evening with you is more than enough"

"Okay" Archie smiles and squeezes her hand.

•••

Veronica's eyes widen when she and Archie walk into a very elegant Italian restaurant. She looks around. It looks expensive.

A guy in a nice suite walks them to their table. They sit down across from each other with their fingers still intertwined. When Veronica opens the menu her heart stops. This place does not only look expensive, it is really expensive.

"Archie" she whispers "I can't afford this"

"Honey, we're on a date" he smiles "My treat. Don't worry about anything. Eat what you want to eat"

"But I don't want you to spend so much money on me. You always pay. It makes me uncomfortable"

"Listen Ronnie. I love spoiling you. I'll pay today but let's get ice cream tomorrow with Everleigh and then you can pay"

Veronica giggles. She squeezes his hand and nods. "Okay, fine. Thank you"

"No need to thank me Ronnie"

"Uhm do you already know what you want?"

"Pizza" he smirks.

"Pizza? Seriously?"

"Yeah, pizza is always good"

"Okay, whatever" she giggles "I think I'll have the spaghetti with salmon and a cheese sauce"

"Sounds great"

After they ordered their food and some wine, Archie simply stares at Veronica while she talks about an assignment she still has to do for her business class. His eyes shine and a little smile sits on his lips. He loves how passionate she is about her business class and at the same time he's really confused by it. He's doing it because in a couple of years he will take over his dad's construction company but he hates studying and he's not really good either. His only motivation to go to college is Veronica. He can spend time with her and talk to her even though she hates when he distracts her during class. He admires how good and smart she is. She's perfect in his eyes.
A little chuckle leaves his mouth.