Chapter 9

Archie really got me flowers every single day, just like he promised. I told him to stop after about two weeks because I had no idea where to put all the bouquets. I loved it though. It was the cutest thing anyone has ever done for me. Everleigh didn't even ask where all the flowers came from. I'm sure she was wondering but didn't really care. She looked at them though. Sometimes she sat down on a chair and just stared at a bouquet.

Everleigh pulls her little chair in front of the coffee table. She places her elbows on it and rests her head in her hands. She stares at the bouquet of red roses for a while.

"Mommy?"

"Mhm" Veronica smiles.

"Flowers" she says and points at the roses.

"I know honey" she giggles. "What about them?"

"They are pretty. I want them in my room please"

"Sure" Veronica smiles "I'm sure we will find a place for them"

Everleigh smiles. She gets up and jumps on the couch. She crawls into her mom's lap and snuggles into her chest.
"Mommy, I love my mommy. Mommy, mommy, mommy"

"I love you too Everleigh. My sweet, sweet, sweet Everleigh. My favorite little girl in the whole entire world. My little angel"

Everleigh giggles. She buries her face in Veronica's chest and holds on close to her. "Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Can I sleep in your bed tonight?"

"Honey you're a big girl. You can sleep in your own bed"

"Please, mommy. I want to cuddle" the little girl says. She looks up to Veronica and bats her eyelashes.

"You know I can't say no when you look at me like that" Veronica whines.

"Yes?"

"Yes!" Veronica giggles.

Everleigh claps her hands before she leans back into Veronica's chest. "Thank you mommy"

"You're welcome my love"

"What are we doing today?"

"I don't know" Veronica says while she plays with her daughter's hair.

"Can we play?"

"Sure"

Everleigh climbs down the couch and runs to her room. After few minutes she come back with a backpack in her hands. She climbs onto the couch and sits down next to her mom. "Let's have a tea party"

"Oh yes please. What a great idea" Veronica smiles.

Everleigh pulls two little cups and a teapot out of her backpack and hands one of the little cups to Veronica.

"Would you like to have some tea dear mommy?"

"Yes please, beloved daughter"

The little girl giggles. She takes Veronica's cup, pretends to pure some tea into it and hands it back to her mom.

"Thank you my love"

"Mommy do you know what we need for the perfect tea party?"

"What?"

"Cookies!"

Veronica giggles. She places her cup on the coffee table and walks into the kitchen. Everleigh grins widely when her mom comes back with the cookie jar in her hands.

"Cookies, Cookies, Cookies" she squeals.

"Just one" Veronica says.

"Only one?" Everleigh gasps. She covers her mouth and stares at Veronica.