Chapter 16

When Veronica wakes up in the morning she's alone in her bed. She wonders how much of last night was a dream and how much was real. She turns to her side and sees her daughter's stuffed animal and Archie's hoodie. She smirks, reaches for the big, black hoodie and pulls it over her head.
She breathes in the scent of it and closes her eyes. Her heart flutters. Archie makes her so happy. She feels so loved and special. He adores her and more important to Veronica, he loves Everleigh. She would never date someone who doesn't accept Everleigh 100%.

Everleigh's giggles bring Veronica back to reality. She smiles and rubs her eyes.

"Nooo" she can hear her little girl squeal. She laughs which makes Veronica laugh too.
She stretches her arms out before she gets up and follows the voice of her daughter. She walks into the kitchen and smiles when she sees Everleigh and Archie cook together. Well Archie cooks and Everleigh asks a bunch of questions. Veronica leans against the doorframe and listens to their conversation.

"Archie who is your favorite princess?" the little girl asks. She sits on the kitchen counter and swings her legs back and forth.
Archie stands next to her. He just prepared a fruit salad for Veronica and now makes some waffles.

"Mhhh, I don't know. I like Mulan. She's strong and independent. I think that's cool"

"My favorite princess is Snow White because she looks a little bit like mommy"

Archie chuckles "You're right"

"And who's your favorite super hero?"

"My favorite super hero?" he smirks. He looks to the little girl who nods with a smile on her face. "I'd say iron man. He's pretty cool. Who's your favorite super hero?"

Everleigh stares at him and starts to play with her fingers. She looks to the floor and then back to Archie. He raises an eyebrow and a little smile grows on his face.

"You are"

"Me?" he asks. His heart beats a little faster and the little smile on his face turns into a big one. "Why me? I'm not a hero"

"You're my super hero and mommy's. You're funny and kind and you always play with me and you protect me and mommy and you make mommy happy. That's why you're my hero"

"Everleigh, that is really sweet. I love you and your mommy a lot. I hope you know that. You can always come to me, no matter what I'll always be there for you"

Everleigh giggles. "Can I have a waffle?"

"What a way to ruin a moment" Archie laughs as he hands the little girl one of the waffles he already made.

Veronica wipes a tear away that escaped her eyes. Everleigh's words repeat in her head. She can't describe how happy it makes her that Everleigh and Archie are so close. She planned on not saying anything and just watching them a little longer but Everleigh's eyes wander around the kitchen and land on her.

"Mommy!" she squeals.

Archie turns around. He smiles and reaches his hand out to her.

"Mommy do you want a waffle?" Everleigh asks as Archie pulls her into his chest. He kisses her cheek and wraps his arms around her waist from behind. "Good morning Archiekins" she giggles "and yes Ev, I would love a little piece of waffle"

Everleigh breaks the waffle in her hands in two and hands the bigger pieces to Veronica.
"Archie's waffles are very yummy" she smiles.

"Mhh so Archie can make breakfast everyday now?"

"Yeah" Everleigh says and takes a bite of her waffle.

"So you two decided that without asking me?"

"Yeah" Everleigh says again.

"Whatever you girls say" he chuckles and kisses Veronica's cheek a couple of times.

"Mama what are we doing today?"

"I don't know honey"

"Can we play outside?" the little girl asks while taking another bite of her waffle.

"It's pouring rain"

"So?"

"We can't go outside today honey but we can play here"

"Fine" Everleigh groans. "I want to build a fort"

"Oh yes, that's a great idea. I wanna help" Archie grins. He squeezes Veronica's close to him.

Everleigh claps her hands. "Okay but mommy has to help too. I want to be a princess and mommy is a princess too and you have to be the mean dragon who tries to get into our castle"

Archie smirks. He lets go of Veronica and slowly walks toward the little girl. She reaches her arms out to keep him away but Archie grabs her little body and holds it close to his chest. She screams and giggles while Archie runs around the apartment, bouncing Everleigh up and down while doing so. Veronica smiles. She turns the waffle maker off and places the plate full of waffles onto the dining table. She sits down and watches her boyfriend and daughter bond.
The little girl places her hands on his cheeks and squeezes them but suddenly she furrows her eyebrows.

"Your skin feels weird"

"I didn't shave yet"

"Shave?"

"Mhm" he chuckles "men grow hair in their faces but I don't really like it so I shave it off"

Everleigh runs her hands up and down his cheeks while shaking her head. "I don't like it. Your face is scratchy"

"Mommy doesn't like it either" he whispers before he kisses the girls cheek and sets her down. She takes Archie's hand and walks back to the dining table.

"I want to sit next to you today" she says, looking up to the red head.

"Oh princess Everleigh, what a pleasure. I'd love to sit next to you my highness"

The little girl giggles. She covers her mouth before she climbs onto one of the chairs and points to the one next to her. "Sit"

"Yes Ma'am" he smirks. He takes a seat next to Everleigh and reaches for Veronica's hand. He squeezes it before he intertwines their fingers and smiles.

"Me too" Everleigh says with a pleading look on her face while she reaches for Archie's hand. He chuckles and takes her tiny hand into his. "How am I supposed to eat now when I'm holding your hand and mommy's?"

"Mommy can feed you"

Archie smirks. He turns his head to Veronica before
he looks down to the waffles for a second and then opens his mouth.

The raven haired woman giggles. He breaks a waffle in two and hands her daughter one piece. The other one she places in Archie's mouth. "You're lucky you two are cute"

___________________________________

I know this chapter was kinda short and more like a filler chapter but I hope you liked it anyway ☺️