Chapter 43

*long chapter friends ☺️✨*
___________________________________

~1 year later~

Veronica has a wide smile on her face when the warm sunlight wakes her up. She rolls on her stomach and begins to softly kiss Archie awake. After a few seconds he groans.

"Ronnie what time is it? Why are you up? Not even the kids are up yet" he mumbles as she wraps his arms around her. His eyes are still closed.

"It's 6 am. I can't sleep anymore I'm so excited"

Archie chuckles as his eyes flutter open. "Is it your first birthday or the twins'"

"The twins are too young to really understand what's going on so I'm excited for them"

Archie smirks. He moves one of his hands to her face and runs his fingers over her cheek. "You're cute"

"Thanks" she giggles "there is so much I have to do. I have to clean the house, I have to prepare some snacks, I have to get the girls dressed, all three of them, the photographer will come at 10 to take birthday pictures of Vivi and Skye, my parents, your mom and Betty will come around 2 in the afternoon—"

"Babe?"

"Mhm"

"We will be in the backyard all day. Why do you want to clean the house?"

"I will not let our friends and family walk into this house when it looks like a mess"

"Fine" he chuckles.

"I'll get up now you can stay here" Veronica says. She wants to get up but Archie pulls her back and holds her close.

"Can we cuddle a little?"

"I'd love to but I have so much to do" Veronica whispers. She snuggles into his chest and makes no attempt to get up.

"You don't have a choice. I won't let go of you. I want to snuggle"

When he doesn't get an answer he looks down to her. Her eyes are closed again and a soft quiet snore is audible.
Archie chuckles and kisses her head. "I'll wake you in an hour. You will still have enough time then and I'll help you with everything" he kisses her head and begins to run his fingers through her hair.

•••

Veronica smiles and looks at the pictures on her phone. Archie rests his chin on her shoulder and pulls her closer to him. "They are so beautiful Ronnie"

"Mhm, they are. They are our cute little babies"

"Our cute little one year old babies"

"I can't believe they're one year already" Veronica whines. "I don't want them to grow or Ev. I want our girls to stay little forever"

"I'm sorry babe but I don't think this will happen" Archie chuckles. He wraps his arms further around her body and kisses her cheek a couple of times.

"Should I send the pictures to our parents? I mean they will see them later anyway but—"

"No do it. It's a great idea love"