Chapter 34

Veronica and Everleigh sit on the pink rug on the floor of the little girl's room. They are packing the rest of the her stuff while Veronica's parents help Archie pack stuff from the ret of the apartment. Betty will come over later to help as well.
It's moving day. Archie and Veronica quickly found a nice house. They both fell in love with. It's big enough for more than just four people, which was important to Veronica and close to Mary. It's the perfect house. Veronica can't wait to show her little girl where they will be living from now on with Archie and soon with the baby, like a real family.

Hermione and Hiram are wrapping picture frames in news papers before they place them into boxes. Archie stands a couple of feet away, placing books into another box. He looks over to Veronica's parents every now and then. He takes a deep breath before he finally walks over to them. He's wiping his sweaty hands over his jeans. His heart beats fast. "Mr. and Mrs. Lodge?" he begins.

"Archie, you know you can call us by our first names" Hermione smiles

"Yeah I do" he nods "but I have something important to ask and I think Mr. and Mrs. Lodge is better for that"

"Is everything okay?" Hermione asks concerned.

"Everything is amazing" he chuckles "but— well, like I said I have something to ask you"

"Shoot" Hiram says.

"Well, Veronica and I have our one year anniversary in a couple of months and like you hopefully know I love her. I love her with all my heart, more than anything and I really don't care about biology, Everleigh is my daughter. I want to spend the rest of my life with them. I want to grow old with Veronica and maybe, when she wants it too have a couple more kids. I want to take Everleigh to her first dance and scare her first boyfriend" Archie chuckles and takes another deep breath before he asks his question. "I want to marry your daughter Mr. and Mrs. Lodge so I'm asking for your blessing. If you think it's too early I will wait"

"Archie" Hermione smiles "you two are expecting a baby, you love our daughter and our little grand-baby. I personally would feel very happy to have you as our son in law. There is no one better for our daughter. You have my blessing"

"Thank you. Thank you very much" Archie smiles. He looks to Hiram with a pleading look on his face.

"You seem to be a great young man. You make my daughter really happy. You have my blessing too Archie but I swear if you hurt her I will kill you"

"Thank you Sir and don't worry, I will never hurt her, never"

"Good" he smiles. "Do you have a ring already"

He blushes and nods his head "I bought one already because I was hoping you would say yes"

"It's all good but I want to see it" Hiram chuckles.

"Oh me too" Hermione grins and claps her hands.

Archie quickly walks over to the coat hanger. He looks to Everleigh's room to make sure Veronica is still busy. He gets a little red velvet box out of his pocket and walks back to her parents. Hermione gasps. "Oh wow Archie it's beautiful"

"Thank you. I hope she will like it too"

"She will Archie, I'm sure" Hiram laughs. "Now put it away before she sees it"

"Yes Sir" he says and quickly puts it back in the pocket of his jacket.

"DADDY!" Everleigh screams from her room. "MOMMY AND I NEED HELP"

He chuckles and takes another look at his jacket before he walks into Everleigh's room.

"Daddy!" the girl says and runs to him. She grabs his hand and points to the boxes. "The boxes are to heavy. Mommy and I can't lift them"