Chapter 18

At some point Archie came over basically every single day after college and on the weekends anyway. I loved it. I wasn't alone with Everleigh anymore. I finally had someone who supported me with the household and with Ev. She loved it too and always tried to stay close to him. She was playing with him, holding his hand or sitting on his lap.

Archie!" the little girl squeals. She runs to the front door, to him and jumps into his arms. Archie kisses her cheek before he tosses her in to the air a couple of times.

"No Archie! She just-"

In that moment Everleigh throws up. Most of the puke lands on Archie's sweater but also some on her dress.

"-ate" Veronica finishes.

"Oh oh" Everleigh whispers.

"It's alright Ev. Don't worry. That was my mistake. I'm sorry" Archie says. He tries to keep the little girl calm but it doesn't work. Her eyes widen and fill with tears. Her bottom lip quivers. "Mommy!" she cries.

Veronica takes her into her arms carefully. She kisses the top of her head. "First we will get you a glass of water and then we will change you into some new clothes, okay honey?"

Everleigh nods. She wipes her tears away and snuggles her head into Veronica's chest. "Okay and mommy will change too" she giggles "and Archie I still have some of your hoodies in my closet. You don't have to walk around with puke on your sweater all day long"

"Thanks how generous" he chuckles. He pulls the sweater over his head. "Where should I put it"

Veronica bites the inside of her lips. His defined abs, broad shoulders and strong biceps make her heart beat a little faster. Her cheeks flush.

"Ronnie?" he chuckles. He noticed how she's starring. His cheeks blush as well and he flexes his muscles on purpose.

"You know where our washing machine is"

He walks closer to Veronica and Everleigh and smirks slightly which makes Veronica blush even more. He places a soft kiss on Veronica's head and then on the little girl's. "You okay Ev?"

She nods.

"I'm really sorry. Can you forgive me?"

She nods again.

"Uhm Archie can you take her dress with you?" Veronica asks while she places her daughter on the kitchen island. She doesn't wait for an answer and takes the dress off so Everleigh is only wearing a pair of underwear and a white top with pink stripes. She hands Archie the dress before she takes off her sweatshirt jacket and wraps it around her little girl.

"Yeah sure" Archie says. He wipes a tear out of Everleigh's face before he walks into the bathroom.
He throws his sweater and Everleigh's dress into the washing machine and turns it on. After that he washes his hands and walks into Veronica's bedroom to get one of his hoodies. He chooses a navy blue one. It's his favorite but he never said anything because he knows Veronica likes it too.

The second he sits down on the couch in the living room Everleigh comes running towards him.

"Oh don't you look pretty, little Miss Lodge" Archie smiles and gets back up. He takes the girls hand and twirls her around.

"Thank you" the she giggles. "What about mommy? Our dresses are matching" she says and points at her dress and then Veronica's.

"Oh mommy is almost as pretty as you are"

Veronica rolls her eyes but smiles right after. She punches his arm which makes Archie smirks. He wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her into his side before grabs her hand and intertwines their fingers.