And So It Begins

Secrets

Chapter 1

Ethan was not your typical man he was very powerful and knew it. He used that to his advantage to take over a rather medium sized town and since then he has gotten even more powerful planning to one day take over that state. By powerful I mean he had money and lots of it. It didn't come easy though he had worked hard to get it.

He started out with nothing and no one but ever since the day he left the arms of his dying mother he vowed to never depend on anyone or anything to get him by except for himself. He owned several establishments in the town of meadow hills making sure that the ones he owned were the highest ranking such as the police department and the hospital.

He was a private man always staying inside his mansion unless he needed to handle business or like on this day he just needed to escape from the commotion of his home and guards. They never normally let Ethan out of their sites always terrified someone would hurt him. They weren't like normally guards they were almost family to Ethan although he never really acknowledged them as such being stuck up as he was.

Ethan quickly walked to his corvette that was in the garage not wanting to take a chance of his guards trying to tail him. He opened the door and quickly roared the engine to life pulling out before they even had time to respond.

He could have just asked them not to follow him but he didn't want them to think he was doing something stupid he just wanted some fresh air and the last thing he wanted was to argue with his best friend Ryan, his first in command. As Ethan entered the town he parked on the edge of the first street corner and got out. After all what is the point of going for fresh air if you never are in it.

****

Katherine is from a small town back in the deep south of Georgia but she was just dying to get out. She finally got her chance after her father passed. She couldn't bare to stay any longer, so she took her inheritance and left. It wasn't much but it was enough to start over. Somewhere where no one knew who she was and then maybe she could fit in and try to have a normal life.

As Katherine finished unpacking the last box of her little to nothing cloths she decided that maybe she should attempt to go into town and find a job. So that she didn't have to worry about losing this new found happiness. She decided to walk, the town wasn't far from her comfy home. It was a small home built enough to hold her and maybe one other. Its walls were all white and the carpet was a deep brown. It only had one bedroom but that's all she needed. After all she didn't plan on having a family just yet.

She left the house wearing a flower patterned almost see through shirt with black dress pants and black heels. She let her red hair fall in loose waves around her face. She applied just the faintest bit of mascara to make her sea foam green eyes pop and a little lip gloss and then she was on her way.

She started at the edge of town stopping to buy a classified ad at one of the machines along the side of the grocery store. Then opened it circling a few ads as she walked. Places that she could stop and look into along the way. She noticed a café across the street that happened to be in the paper and as her stomach grumbled she realized she hadn't eaten yet so she decided to stop there first.

****

Ethan was walking along the sidewalk of the local town. Hearing a faint gasp here and there from the town folk shocked that he was actually around them. He kept his eyes straight ahead of him no one ever really catching his eye and no one ever had until now.

Ethan felt a breeze wash over him carrying the scent of strawberries and roses causing him to stop in his tracks, close his eyes, and breathe in deeply. When he opened them he noticed a young pale women walking across the crosswalk holding a newspaper and looking for traffic. As she turned her head towards him the wind blew just right causing her hair to get swept back and his heart fell.