This Will Change Everything!

Secrets

                                       Chapter 6

The ambulance screeches to a halt outside of the house before a couple men come rushing in with a stretcher. They spot Katherine on the floor and are quickly at her side checking vitals as one man places her on the stretcher. Katherine groans in pain as they start wheeling her out. Ethan climbs into the ambulance and rides with Katherine to the hospital but once there they make him wait in the lobby. Ethan paces back and forth a nervous wreck and honestly thinking about how he should have killed Brian for what he did.

“You can see her now Mr. Westwick she’s in room 313” the Dr. Chimes in from the hall.

“Thank you” Ethan reply’s as he barely acknowledges him. Ethan rushes down the hall and into Katherine’s room. Katherine is sitting up in bed with just a few scratches on her arms, a bruise stretching over both eyes from her broken nose and a large bruise over her neck.

“How are you feeling?” Ethan asks as he rushes to her side and takes her hand in his.

“Honestly Ethan I’m fine just a little sore I don’t know why I need to be in a hospital” she glares at the nurse that comes in to check on her vitals.

“It’s the pain killers talking” the nurse says with a laugh.

“You’re going to need some pain killers” Katherine mumbles rudely under her breath.

“Kat!” Ethan gasps in shock. He has never heard her be so hateful but something is almost funny about it.

“Sorry” Katherine says as she sinks down in her bed with a smile.

“I’ve heard worse mam its ok it’s just the drugs talking” she says with a laugh as she turns to leave the room.

“When can I go home?” Katherine asks Ethan already frustrated.

“I don’t know baby but I don’t want you to stay at your home. For right now you can stay with me.” He says a little sternly knowing Katherine won’t want to but it’s for the best. Katherine starts to protest but decides against it. Instead she just sits back sulking as she crosses her arms over her chest.

“Well I’m glad to see your awake and feeling better Kat” Nathaniel chimes from the doorway as he walks to her bedside. He is holding a bouquet of blue roses, knowing it’s her favorite color, and a White teddy bear almost the size of Katherine.

“Wow you didn’t have to get me that stuff but thanks” she says with a laugh before looking over at Ethan.

“I assume you teamed up. You know I hate gifts that I feel like I wouldn’t even be able to afford. That bear must have cosseted a fortune” she teases.

“I keep telling you Kat you’re going to have to get used it” he teases before kissing her forehead.

Katherine is finally released from the hospital with some pain killers and an excuse from work for the next few weeks. Katherine is still hoped up on the drugs from the hospital so she’s not really feeling any pain as she packs up some boxes at her house.

“I still think it’s ridiculous for me to be out of work for so long. I’m not even hurting that bad” she says as she places the final box in the car.

“Just give it time for your pain killers to wear off babe” Ethan says with a smile as he climbs in and starts the drive home. Katherine’s pain killers at this point are starting to wear off and when she goes to exit the car she finally understands what everyone has been talking about.