Chapter 30

A few days passed and slowly but surely you were recovering. Ian was settling down in his new home and Jerome was a lot more protective over him than you ever thought he would be.

"No you've got to stay with Ian" Jerome had a meeting to attend, well, that's what he told you anyway, but you wanted to get out of the house and go with him. Jerome was back to being his stubborn self but you weren't letting him win this time.

"We can get a babysitter, it's only for a couple hours, I'm going crazy being stuck here all the time" You pleaded with him until he eventually gave in. "Fine. But we'll check in with the babysitter regularly" Jerome shook his head in disapproval but you agreed.

After finding a good babysitter you and Jerome set off towards 'Meyer & Hayes' after all, Jerome still had this almighty plan he had to fulfill. You had come to the point of not bothering to ask any questions regarding this plan because anytime you did, Jerome would simply shut the question down or change the subject.

"Are they dealt with?" Jerome had pulled out a phone and spoke into it, whoever was on the other end must've given Jerome the answer he wanted to hear because his face lit up and his mouth curved into a twisted smile.

As you approached the building, Jerome swerved off into a little side road and pulled out two guns, handing you one. "Take this but stay quiet and don't fire" Jerome whispered before holding out his hand for you and guiding you into the entrance.

The building was a clean, white and sophisticated area with that typical 'look at me I'm rich' music quietly playing all around. Jerome took you into an elevator where a woman dressed in a pencil skirt and checkered coat was already standing inside. She took one look at Jerome and his stitched on face and instantly tensed up, looking as scared as a deer in headlights. She turned to look at you and that's when she saw the guns and froze.

The elevator doors closed and Jerome began whistling, well trying to whistle, to the tune. "I used to be a great whistler" Jerome started speaking to the woman before motioning towards his lips to explain why he couldn't whistle anymore. It was as if he was trying to make her even more uncomfortable.

Before Jerome could say anything else, the elevator stopped and opened letting you and Jerome out. He waltzed up to the reception desk to where a pretty woman sat. "I'm here to see Xander Wilde. And, no" Jerome brought his gun up and rested it on his shoulder "I don't have an appointment".

Instantaneously, the girl, who was now petrified, pointed with her shaky finger in the direction of a set of stairs. Jerome began walking towards it as the girl jumped up from her seat and ran away. You heard Jerome shout after her "don't bother going to security, they're all... Headless" His voice trailed off as you sighed in disappointment.

Up the stairs Jerome went, jumping on the last one like a kid, you traipsing behind trying to keep your gun out of sight as much as possible.

You could hear voices at the top of the stairs indistinctively chattering as Jerome cocked his gun causing them all to turn around, some even gasping. "Oh, don't get up. I won't waste too much of your time" Jerome turned his head to get a good look of everyone as you watched from behind a wall, ready to fight if need be.

Jerome knocked over one of the building models on the table in front causing it to shatter all over the floor. "I've got a business proposition" Jerome spoke again, walking up to the leader of the table. "Tell me what I want to know and no one gets turned inside out".

Jerome waved his gun carelessly around, coincidentally aiming it at near enough everyone on the table at least once. "Please don't.. Don't hurt anyone" The leader stammered not knowing what to say. Jerome practically ignored the man almost cutting him off "where is... Xander Wilde?" Jerome asked, saying the name with utter disgust and mockery.