chapter 18

Heart beating faster than ever before, you backed up into a wall behind you in complete shock. That familiar low, sarcastic voice made your stomach do several spins in a row. The mere feeling of his presence inches from you caused your body to almost shut down due to overwhelming emotions.

"J-Jerome?" Your voice was shaky as the man took a step forward to reveal his figure bit by bit. It was incredibly hard to make out any detail on him, the only light came from the moon up above.

"Why so worried love?" His voice turned more serious just like Jerome's had when he wasn't joking around.
Could it be him you asked yourself. Of course not, he's dead. Dwight didn't complete his work. There was no way that man standing in front of you could possibly be Jerome.
Maybe it was just some sick twisted prank, after all people seemed to recognize you around here.

The last thing to come out from hiding was the man's face. Ever so slowly the man leaned forward, divulging his features bit by bit. Seeing his face fully for the first time made you scream out of fear. It was covered in blood with staples concealing the outside of his face, after a few moments it was apparent to you that the mask Dwight was wearing must've been this man's face.

The moonlight shone on his face illuminating every feature, the blood glistened as it dried. "What's wrong gorgeous, it's me, Jerome" The man went to touch your shoulder but you shrugged him off almost as quick.

"Like hell you are! Jerome's dead! I watched him die in my arms!" Your voice grew higher and louder, emotions beginning to take control.

"I'm back. He brought me back. Cmon love you know it's me" He was starting to plead for you to believe him but something in your mind kept telling you this wasn't real.

"No. Get away from me. You're not him, this is just some sick prank you're trying to pull because you know I loved him" Tears began streaming from your face cracking your voice into bits. The man reached to brush away your tears but you shoved him before he could touch you.

"Baby, please it's me, Jerome!" You could see the pain in his eyes as he desperately searched for a way to persuade you.
"Listen. I'm Jerome, you're y/n, you're best friend is Alice who works in the GCPD" You stopped fidgeting and turned your attention to what the man was saying, unsure of what to believe.

"Do you remember the night we met. It was at the circus, you were watching me in the audience. You were wearing a beautiful black blouse and skin tight leggings. After the show I came up to you at the smoothie stand and introduced myself. We spent the night touring the circus and having fun until you almost fell out of the Ferris wheel. I remember taking you to the shooting stand and that was the first time I helped you shoot a gun. No one else knows any of that" He concluded, almost beat.

You're mind flashed back to all those memories you had that night like they were playing on a film scroll. You felt a lump in your throat as you looked at the man for the first time in a new light. His complexion was just like Jerome's and you knew for a fact no one knew what happened that night except Alice.

"Do you believe me now love?" His voice was gentle as he cautiously took a step towards you. Your body didn't jolt back, in fact it remained still. For the first time that night you felt a wave of comfort and warmth flood through you.

If this really was Jerome your life would finally be complete again. "If that really is you. Answer me this: on the night of the gala... You made a dove fly around the room and land on my table. Correct?" He nodded in agreement.

"The dove dropped a note for me, from Jerome. If that is you, what did your note say to me?" Lifting your head, you watched him furrow his eyebrows thinking of the answer, you could practically see the clogs turning.

"The note was wrapped with a red ribbon and it read: Glad to see you here gorgeous, enjoy the show- the great Rudolpho ;) " His eyes connected with yours as you reached into your pocket. Feeling around, you pulled out the piece of parchment it had been written on, you had kept it all this time as a memory.

You looked down at it and began reading. Sure enough the man had got the message word for word. You gasped, clutching the message and placing it back in your pocket. Raising your head, you saw Jerome's warm hearted smile he rarely gave anyone. Your heart skipped a beat as your eyes welled up into floods of tears.

"Jerome!" You ran straight for his chest and wrapped your arms round him as he picked you up and spun you around. "Hello gorgeous" His voice whispered through your ears as he lifted you up so your heads were touching. "I missed ya, you know" Jerome gave you a soft giggle as his lips smashed against yours for the first time in what felt like years.

Your tongues danced in sync together just like they used to, this was definitely him. You soon felt drips of blood fall onto your lips as he pulled away, holding his face. "One minute" He pulled a staple gun from his pocket and placed it up to his cheek. A loud snap came from the gun followed by Jerome gagging in masked pain. Squinting, you turned away hating the sight of it all.

"Jesus, what happened to you?" You asked shying away. "Dwight" Jerome simply responded. "Doesn't that hurt?" You felt stupid asking the question.
"Eh you get used to the pain after doing it multiple times. You should try it" Jerome chuckled, slowly returning to his normal 'cool guy' attitude. You gave him a dirty look as his smile grew wider.

"Hey, umm, you don't happen to have any space in your house for one more person do you?" Jerome grabbed your shoulder and looked you in the eye, you couldn't resist messing around with him a little "huh funny you should say that, Alice was actually talking about taking the sofa which would take up the space" You watched Jerome's smile turn into a frown then into an evil glare.

"It's just.. I don't currently have a place to stay so to speak.. " His grip tightened on your shoulder as you let out a little giggle "well I know a good hotel just down the road you could stay at. I'm sure they have great room service" A smirk slid across your face as Jerome growled in your ear, losing his patience
"I could take your bed. We could have so much fun gorgeous" His hand moved to your breast as you gasped in shock.

You hadn't been touched for a long time so the sheer breeze of his hand sent shivers down your spine. His grip hardened "alright- alright I was kidding, of course you can" You gasped in shock as he let go and smirked "I know gorgeous, so was I".