chapter 15

"I don't want to speak to you!" You slammed your bedroom door shut before throwing yourself onto the bed.

It had been months since your world came crashing down around you. You were stuck living at home surrounded by people you resented, visitors coming and going and yet no one seemed to understand how you felt.

You felt as though there was nothing worth living for, no one special enough to make all the pain go away. Yes there was still Alice, she had done the best she could to cheer you up but there was only one person who could truly make you happy and that person was no longer here. Yet some days you could swear you saw him or even feel his presence in the room.

There was only one possible thing you could do that would put your brain at ease and that was vengeance, the need to not let Jerome die in vein. To kill Galavan yourself.

"Y/N GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!" The screams from your mum echoed through the house, ringing through your ears as you sat teary eyed on your bed. She had been informed of everything that had happened that night and now she hated you even more than you thought was possible. She didn't believe you could be involved with someone like that and she made her opinion very clear every day.

Before you could move from your bedroom, you heard footsteps storming up the stairs towards you. "Oh shit" You backed up towards the wall at the far end of the room and covered your eyes as the door swung open, knocking all your ornaments off the shelf.

"How dare you ignore me!" She snarled through gritted teeth, bowing her head towards you. "What do you want. I told you I don't want to speak to you" You uncovered your eyes and stood up straight; you weren't going to be pushed around by her anymore. "Excuse me?!" Your mum took a step towards you, eyes full with anger.

"You've already made my life miserable what more do you want!?" Your heart began pounding at your chest begging to be let free. "He's done this hasn't he. He's turned you into some monster " Her voice was low as she narrowed her eyes towards you.
"No, this is who I am mother. He taught me to be free. He taught me the true meaning of love" Just thinking about him made your body go numb with pain.

"He was nothing more than a low life criminal! You will NEVER know the true meaning of love if that's who you go for. I'm surprised he died when he did. He should've been gone a long time ago. Jer-" She was practically growling like a wild animal until you cut her off, fists ready to be thrown.

"Don't you dare say his name" You took a step towards her, lifting your head. The final words your mum spoke made your blood boil; "Jerome deserved everything he got".

Without hesitation you grabbed a bat that was kept for emergencies in your room and let your anger take control. You swung it round, aiming for the stomach and watched as the bat collided with your mums side, knocking her back. "I FUCKING HATE YOU" you screamed at her, taking another swing this time sweeping her legs from beneath her, sending her flying down onto her back.

Everything she had ever done to you had built up to this very moment. Tears welled up in the corners of your eyes as the bat came crashing down once more.

Every scream that seeped away from the now weak woman seemed to fuel your anger; just knowing how much she deserved this made you feel the most satisfaction you had ever been given. "THIS IS FOR THE YEARS OF NON STOP ABUSE!" You took a swing at her chin.
"THIS IS FOR LIAM WHO DIDN'T DESERVE ANY OF THIS!" You could hear your baby brother Liam crying from his room but you were out of control at this point.

"THIS IS FOR LETTING YOURSELF TURN INTO SOMETHING WICKED!" Again the bat came plummeting down into her stomach as you watched her reel over on her side in pain, clutching her stomach tight.

"AND THIS-" You hit her arm, causing a loud snap to break the air "THIS IS FOR JEROME" Her pleading eyes shot up towards you twisting into a small smirk. Adrenaline filled your body as you raised the bat above your head, knowing exactly what you were moments away from doing.

You shut your eyes when all of a sudden a voice spoke inside your head "you can do it gorgeous, just aim and swing" Your legs shook as you pulled your eyes apart now gazing down at the bleeding body before you. That voice was the one thing you needed to end your suffering. Your grip tightened around the bat as you swung it around, breaking the gentle air. The bat swarmed over your head and came ploughing down, striking your mums head.

There was a crack, blood immediately came rushing out from the wound as her gaze faded away. You knelt towards her side making sure to crush her hand as you leaned in towards her ear "thank you for setting me free mum" You whispered.

The moment you stood back up, your ears began ringing like a siren that wouldn't stop. You began to see spots in your vision as you stumbled back towards the wall, dropping the bat to the floor. You lifted your head towards the window to try and get a bit of light but the second you looked out your heart dropped into your chest. A man was standing on the roof of the building next to you, smiling down into your window.

"Jerome?" You rubbed your eyes but the minute they were open again, he was gone.

---------

You had finally managed to calm Liam down and stop him crying, guilt caught up with you the moment you layed eyes on him and realized he was to grow up without a mother but on the other hand you knew it was better off this way; he didn't deserve a mother like that who would just treat him the say way she treated you, like nothing.

You were unsure what to do with Liam and whether to explain the situation to your father, without of course mentioning the murder. All you knew is that Jerome would be proud.

Liam was in his room playing with his toys when you heard a knock at the door. "Oh no" You looked back at the now lifeless corpse that was still lying in the same place on the landing. The knock came again. "Shit, shit, shit" Your eyes darted around the Hall trying to quickly come up with a plan. If Jerome was here, he'd know exactly what to do you thought.

The knock came again only louder this time "ALRIGHT HANG ON I'M COMING" You shouted down the stairs to where the knocking had fallen silent. You carefully dragged the body into the airing cupboard making sure not to get unnecessary blood everywhere. Your mind raced at the thought of who could be knocking; was it Jim, the GCPD no they would've addressed themselves. Or maybe they wouldn't? You were beginning to get stressed out.

Alice? No she was at work. You grabbed a mop and tried to get rid of any blood that was still present but there was still spots that remained.

The knocking started up again, more aggressively and continuous "ALRIGHT CALM DOWN" you groaned before hiding the mop and running downstairs, reaching the door.

You gripped the handle and took a deep breath, ready to face handcuffs. The door creaked open and to your surprise stood a short, hooked nosed man holding a stick with a penguin head on top, smiling at you.
"Hello I'm Oswald Cobblepot".