Chapter 16

"Cobblepot?" You repeated almost confirming. "The one and only" He replied still leaning again his stick, giving you a half hearted smile. You had heard of Oswald and the things he had done but you never thought you would ever meet him. "I think you have the wrong person" You're blunt response made him chuckle "I do believe you are the one I am looking for, y/n correct?".

You weren't sure what to make of the unexpected visit; why did he want you? Should you be worried, scared even? How should you speak towards him? You decided to welcome him inside and offered a seat on the sofa to which he limped towards and sat accordingly.

"So what made you go out of your way to search for me?" You tried to remain polite due to the fact you had no idea what this man was capable of alone. You sat beside him, looking into his eyes as if searching for some sort of justification.
It was near impossible to read his expression; his blue eyes seemed lost and sorrowful and yet he tried so desperately to hide it. The same way you did.

"Well. I have some business that needs finishing and I am hoping you can help me" You gave him a smile, remaining silent. "I understand Theo Galavan took something very close away from you a few months back" You took a deep breath in at the thought of his name; it had been forbidden to say it within earshot of you.

You could feel your body burning up just thinking about that night. "How did you find me?" You're voice was low as you were growing angrier by the minute. "That doesn't matter. Listen, he took something very close away from me too. I want revenge" Oswald spoke slowly letting you take in every word. You steadied your breath, calming down.

Clearly Oswald wanted the same thing as you.

"I need any information you have about him that could be of use" He concluded, sitting back on the sofa. "Is that it? You really expect me to just help you out then watch you go off and kill him without me!" You went back to being angry, you stood up staring at him.

"I understand your anger but this has to be done, and it has to be at my hands" Oswald avoided eye contact as he fiddled with his stick.

"I don't think so. He took Jerome away from me! There is absolutely nothing he could've done to you that would be worth killing him more than me!" Oswald didn't waste a second before firing back "he took my mother away from me! The one person I had left! His death will be on my hands!" Oswald had hoisted himself up to face you.

You had no idea what to say back, even though Oswald was a criminal who had just argued with you, you felt bad for him. You knew exactly what it was like to lose someone close to you. However, no matter what was said, you had to be the one to kill Theo Galavan.

--------

The next few days were spent planning the in's and out's of how you were going to kill Theo. Oswald had left soon after the argument and hadn't spoken to you since. You had no idea what he was planning but you focused on your plan and your plan only.

"Are you crazy?!" Alice yelled the minute you told her what you were going to do. She had already found out about your mother and almost had a heart attack and yet she still helped you dispose of the body, granted she was extremely reluctant.

"Look, I know it sounds silly" You began to comfort Alice with words but her patience was running thin "silly?! It's absolutely mental!" She yelled, wide eyes goggling at you.

You sighed wondering if you should've told her anything "listen-" You were about to explain how everything was going to work out when all of a sudden you received an unexpected phone call.

"Hello?" You're cautious voice broke the tension between you and Alice as she motioned to put it on speaker. "Y/n it's Oswald" You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion; why was he calling you? And how did he get your number?