chapter 11

"HAHAHAHA" You couldn't help but burst into laughter knowing Jerome had somehow managed to steal Alice's drink, what made it more funny was that Alice loved her drinks at dinner time.

"Shut up." Alice shot back at you before begrudgingly sitting down and opening the bag. The rest of the day was pretty calm. No sign of Jerome, or anyone for that matter. Just a peaceful evening with you and your best friend. It almost seemed to good to be true. Something was bound to break the calmness.

---------

You had woken up to the smell of cooking; the beautiful, enchanting wiffs you got forced you out of bed and instantly attracted you towards the kitchen. "Something smells amazing" Your voice was croaky and weak as you watched Alice from the doorway.

"Yeah it's the new perfume I bought, don't I smell great!" Alice giggled sarcastically, giving you a morning hug. "I was going to wait for you to get up but you were completely out for the count and I got impatient" Alice nodded her head towards the food making you weakly smile.

Once seated at the table, you both began eating breakfast, talking about little things here and there and making light of bad situations. You both had this thing were you would always try and turn a horrible situation into a bearable almost humorous one; it helped you a lot, having something to laugh about when things were going wrong.

You got half way through breakfast when Alice's work phone started to ring.
"It's Alvarez" Alice whispered, answering the call. You couldn't make out what he was saying but the looks Alice was giving told you it wasn't good at all. You watched as Alice sat there in silence screwing up her face as she listened, you wanted nothing more than for her to let you hear but you remained quiet.

"Yeah ok, I'm with y/n so we'll both come down right now" Alice's voice was rushed as she slammed the phone on the table and shot up out of her seat, almost knocking over the table.

"We have to go. Now!" She had begun shouting at you out of impatience. You grabbed your coat and followed Alice out of her apartment "what's going on?!" You yelled after Alice who was now racing down the stairs leaving you to catch up. "It's your boyfriend!"

The door slammed in your face at the mention of Jerome, what the hell had he done this time you wondered.
You jumped into Alice's car as she drove off shouting at people to move aside.

"Him and his little crime gang have been spotted in the vehicle they stole the other day" Alice turned to look at you "full of gasoline" You closed your eyes and shook your head, hoping this wasn't going to end bad but it was Jerome you were talking about, nothing about him was ever that simple.

"It seems they're following a bus full of cheerleaders" There it was. The drop in your chest as you heard Alice basically tell you what he was about to do. You let out a prolonged sigh, wishing the cheerleaders had a good life, well what was left of it.

"You know what they're gonna do right" You're hushed voice seemed to echo through the car like you knew something forbidden that no one else did. "No, and neither do you" Alice turned her head away from you, putting more pressure onto the pedal.

"I've been around him enough to slightly have his thought process. Him and his 'team' are most likely going to cut the bus off and set it a light with all the cheerleaders inside. Why they picked cheerleaders I don't know" You fell silent. The only response you received from Alice was her foot pushing even more against the pedal, making the car speed as fast as she could.

---------

"Shit it's already kicking off" You had come to a stop in front of the bright yellow and red vehicles surrounded by police officers and inmates. You looked to the side and saw Jim Gordon pulling up and jumping out of his car along with a few other officers.

"Stay in the car!" Alice gave you no time to respond as she swung her door open and jumped out, pulling a gun from her glovebox.

Your gaze switched from Alice to below the bus full of screaming girls; the ground was completely soaked in what was presumably gasoline along with each cheerleader. Your eyes drifted to the entrance of the bus and that's when you saw Jerome. He was dressed in what looked to be a straight jacket that matched with his group and a gun pointing towards the officers shooting at them.

"We're gonna blow this barbeque" You could faintly hear Jerome from the car as you watched him motion to the truck. All of a sudden Jim had ran from his car and hid behind the next car in line; Jerome, being Jerome, had spun around in a circle before shooting at him and jumping around like a lunatic.

You longed to just run up to him and stop this madness but you knew if you got caught in the middle of it all you would most likely get shot.

You observed every bit of the scene but you kept a close eye on Jerome making sure you didn't lose him. He had begun shooting empty bullets to which he dropped the gun and swung his hand in the air "light 'em up!"

"Alice he's about to do it!" You tried so hard to get her attention but she was too focused on aiming the gun at Jerome. You knew she wanted desperately to shoot him but she also knew how much he somehow meant to you. Jerome had skipped towards the truck grabbing the hose and spraying the area with bursts of gasoline.

This was your chance. You quietly shifted towards the door and opened it carefully, trying not to draw Alice's attention to you. Your body fell out of the car and onto the ground as your eyes darted around the scene, eventually meeting Jerome's. His eyes pierced through yours as if burning a gaping hole in the middle, he seemed both angry and excited to see you.

Bang! You heard a gun shot fire from Alice's gun as your head twisted around to her. She had aimed for the hose but instead clipped the stairs to the bus. You sighed in relief knowing she hadn't shot Jerome... Shit Jerome! You swung your head back round to where Jerome once was but he was no longer there.

Jerome had disappeared and you had no idea where to. All that was left in front of the bus was one of the maniax trying desperately to light the stairs with his lighter. Jim took the opportunity to run towards him and pin him against the bus but in doing so the lighter had fallen out of the man's hand.

It fell to the ground as you watched the floor ignite into burning flames that filled your eyes. It had illuminated the area and was quickly approaching the bus like a snake slithering to it's meal ready to engulf it.

Suddenly you felt tight arms pull you up from the ground and away from the cars. You let out a scream, not knowing who it was, causing both Alice and Jim to stare after you in shock. You watched as Jim climbed into the almost skewed bus and fiddle with the keys while Alice ran towards you but it was too late; whoever had grabbed you had placed you into the truck that had now started driving off. You could hear banging coming from the side of the truck as you climbed your way to the window.

The last thing you saw was a massive fiery explosion erupt in the once gasoline filled puddle and then everything went black.