The End.

[Seven Devils- Florence and the machine]
⚠️GORE DETAILS OF INJURY AND DEATH⚠️

*Ophelia*

I sat in silence as a cluster of people passed and attended to my injuries, their actions of shoving potions and waving their wand for healing spells fell on blurred eyes as I replayed Fae over and over again.

"This is for Sarah you bitch"

As much as I know people I love in my life would be so disappointed. The bigger part of me couldn't help but feel proud. Happy almost, that it was me who had finally caved and become a true Slytherin.

I couldn't bring myself to feel upset, my final words to Fae real and true. No sugarcoating. No lying. And my fight for survival had overtaken her fight to kill me.

In the end, the best witch won.

Draco walked me to the great hall before disappearing without getting caught, hiding in the shadows as he went to find Zabini. A quick peck on the lips and he was gone. The remnants of Voldemort's speech whispering around the air like a ticking clock.

Everything was so different. Both for me and everyone else. Soon, good versus evil would fight for final this time, and one of them was going to win.

The only question that really stuck with everyone however, is who would win?

I looked up from my lap and looked around, noticing that Pomfrey had left me bandaged up, the rip in my top showcasing the white bandage like a grin from a Cheshire cat.

I cast my eyes around the room, the sound of wailing and sobbing coming into focus.

I had forgotten that others had lost loved ones today.

The Weasley family huddled around a makeshift bed, their mother red in the face as she clung to her children, the others clambering over a dead body.

one of the twins weren't there

OH...

I looked away out of respect, casting my eyes to further down the line, professor Lupin coming into view: hand reaching out to the woman on his left.

Even him?

It felt like Voldemort was slowly but surely taking the childhood of every young person in this school. Picking them off like sitting ducks until we all snapped.

Like me.

Every time my mind wandered over the snapped part that laid in my brain, crackling and fizzing: I wanted to smile. As sadistic as it sounded, I was glad that part of my brain had left, the events of today marking me forever. Perhaps like a snake shedding its skin: I was shedding mine. Throwing away any holy water I owned and accepting venom instead.

Suddenly the ground rumbles, causing people to look up from their beds or fallen loved ones. Some clutching on the wall as it rumbled a second time. A voice making its way through the holes in the walls.

"He is dead"

I hear gasps. Standing and inhaling sharply as my ribs hiss.

I ignore it.

I turn and begin to follow the stream of people as we file out into the yard. The voice getting nearer and beginning to laugh manically.

Black tar begins to seep into the far end of the yard, the big frame of Hagrid evident as they got closer, the white dot floating and dancing around.