Trophy.

[ Fire - Saint Mesa]
⚠️WARNING: injury detail and gore⚠️

*Ophelia*

The hallways were empty, almost untouched. I glide down them keeping my ears trained and my eyes sharp.

God knows how many death eaters there were here, and they could come at any moment the events of the courtyard still fresh. Cho's dead eyes seared into my brain and resurfacing every time I blinked.

I turned right, eyes trained forward when I halt, a pair of shoes coming into focus.

Fae.

"you know. I have been waiting for fucking ages. Turns out you take your time getting places, some things don't change."

I tense my fists, watching her tap her wand against her lip, her stance ready. Goading.

"You know ive been waiting for fucking ages for you to backstab me, turns out you really do take being a Slytherin seriously, just because our guidance animal is a snake....doesnt mean you need to take it so literal." I hiss.

She scoffs, turning her head to the room beside her and motions.

"I am gonna kill you. But that can wait, I have a visitor that has been pining for you. Begging for you. It's sad really...Pleading for you actually"

My heart leaps and my legs push me forward.

Draco.

Please don't be dead. Please be okay. Please be alive. Please don't be dead.

I follow Fae, my mind screaming at me for following someone who just promised to kill me, but the images of red soaked blonde kept pushing into my thoughts. Cho's dead face shifting into Draco.

Fae walks into the room, and I follow soon after. Her walking briskly to the front of the room as I round into the doorway. My breath catching as I see the person. My thoughts of who it was minuscule to who actually lay there.

"Mum?!" I shout, stepping forward but feeling a ward stop me, a glass sheet stuck between me and my mum. Fae beside her smiling.

She was suspended on a wooden cross, each arm secured by a large nail while her feet were secured with one long pole. Blood leaching down and dripping about the floor, her eyes closed and hair hung forward.

"you know." Began Fae, "There is just something so poetic about the whole Jesus and death story, don't you think? Humans hate magic so much yet they believe that the prick came back to life? Cause God decided too? He could have just made people good. But that makes life so much easier." She sighed. Turning to my mum.

"How long have you been with Draco?" She asks. Her eyes snapping to me.

"And before you say you arent, I caught you both. And Draco talks in his sleep. Something about not wanting you dead cause of him. Sweet really. But shit if Voldemort finds out."

I snap my eyes back up to my mum focusing my eyes on her chest. Breathing.

"Since after the Slytherin party in Sixth year. Just kinda grew I guess..."

"Do you love him?" She asks again, leaning against the cross and twiddling her wand between her fingers.

"Yeah I do. Lucas was great. He just wasn't meant to be, he was a childhood romance. Nothing more. And he knows that....he knew that"

"He loved you so fucking much and you dropped him when you got bored, and then when you see us trying things out. You had a fit and suddenly hes dead." Fae spat out, the feelings clearly bubbling out after long being held in.