Cold to touch| Hot to feel

[prisoner- Raphael Lake]

⚠️ 😼SMUT😼⚠️

4 MONTHS LATER

*Ophelia*

The riot at the great hall caused a massive wave of anger in Hogwarts students were hurt, Neville had his eye gouged out, Pomfrey frantically fixing it. Giving Neville every single potion she could think of, spending days upon days fixing it. He could see but not as well. Some said that he could make out colours and shapes, but the detail and sharpness had diminished in that eye.

Seamus had his arm broken, twice. Each one being heard down the hall by students that were absently walking past. And Ginny... she got it the worst, Harry Potters little girlfriend of course. She returned from the office three days after the riot, shaken and bruised beyond belief. But she refused to talk about what happened, only shaking her head and telling everyone that it didn't matter. She was different, refusing to acknowledge whatever is is that they done. But she still had the fire behind her eyes.

Sarah was fully dead. That was confirmed by McGonagall herself after she returned to my dorm room, shoulders drooping as she relayed the information Pomfrey had given her.

"Excessive blood loss...seemed to be a quick death...We will find out what happened Ophelia"

I zoned out after her third apology, my mind skimming out towards the black lake, begging for a release.

My place of comfort became the black lake, the silence being a change compared to the heathens that walked around Hogwarts. I hadnt spoken Draco since the bathroom fight, my body shaking anytime I saw a glimpse of blonde only to sigh in relief when it was someone else.

He hardly attended classes, sometimes gone for days at a time and returning shaken or frail.

I walked down the embankment, the grass crisp against the frost that traced the grounds, the lake shining in front go me. A fake beach, a tiny glimmer of the outside world.

I stopped at the edge, the tip of my shoes disturbing the flood plain, the water circling my shoes and then inching back into itself, the pattern repeating its self as I watched, allowing my breathing to follow the cycle.

Water hits the shoes- breathing goes in- water retreats- my breathing leaves my lungs until it hurts.

The water was calm, the creatures below it asleep for the night. The moon giving me light as I walked into the lake, shedding my jacket as the cold nipping at me legs as I pushed forwar, stopping when it lapped at my shins, watching the waves retreat further away and then come back. I gasped at the temperature change, the water jumping up my jeans as they grew wet, the tingling of the cold melting with my toes as the water engulfed my shoes.

I inhaled and then exhaled, lifting back my head and allowing myself to see the stars. Tiny balls of gas burning and igniting, hitting off of each other while we humans, smaller than dust looked at them for direction and guidance. Relying on a spark in the sky more than we seemed to reply on humans. Not surprising.

I walk forward, letting the water rise as it sits at my waist. My jeans stuck to my body.

I stood and watched the still water, the black ink of the surface still, undisturbed. Even through everything that was happening, the lake still remained still. Perfect. A glass mirror staring back up at the sky.

The air still, clear. Almost like it hadnt been touched by the despair that had become the magical world. Everything inter the water untouched, almost like it was a shield of all things shitty. A protective spell over the fish and mermaids.