Drowning in Oil

[ Train wreak- James Arthur]

*Ophelia*

I awake, groggy and sore. Past events swimming in and out of my mind as my eyes adjust to the light.
My throat constricts, causing me to choke and cough, the dryness scratching.

The bed shifts and there's a hand on my cheek, cold yet gentle.
I look up, the lighting stabbing my pupils as I force them to adjust quicker, Draco swimming into my view.

I attempt to say his name, but a croak escapes instead and he brushes my hair away from my face

"You need to rest. Don't talk. Just rest" he soothes, his eyes pooling with a cocktail of emotions.
Fear? Concern? Anger?

I protest and decide to sit up, the room tilting in its axis and then steadying as I grab Draco's arm.
"What happened? Where am I? Are you okay? Bellatrix she- is she"

The memories flood back, a gate bursting open as the emotions tumble out with it.

Lucas. Lights. Dead. Bellatrix. Knife. Pain. Crucio.

Draco sits and doesn't move watching me pant as I remember and fit everything back together, my eyes eventually resting on my bandaged arm the stinging pain coming into focus.
I lift it into my lap, tracing the faint dots of blood that have seeped through.

"Who healed me?"
I realise that I'm lying in my bedroom, the place I had ran from hours before.

"I did" Draco replies, looking around the room, his eyes scanning the posters and pink walls.

"How" I ask. "Aren't you meant to be with the...the death eaters" I choke out allowing the ache of what's to come settle on my heart.

"Dumbledore is dead" I gasp.

Draco says nothing, he continues to look at the bedsheets, his hands curling in and out of fists.

"Yes. He is" he replies short.

I stare at him for a moment, willing the bile to settle back into my stomach before I speak again.

"Did you...Draco were you the one that-"

"No" he half shouts. His eyes finally meeting with mine.
"I didn't. I couldn't. I just, I froze. I was going to- but then I thought about you- what you would say. How would you react? And suddenly Snape...Snape done it"

I look. And stare. Not knowing what to say or do.

"Oh." I say
"Oh" echoes Draco

I move from the bed and shuffle down it, wrapping my arms around him hoping that he wouldn't push me off.

He didn't.

Instead he relaxes into my body, his hands wrapping around my waist as he breathes out, his cheek sitting on my shoulder.

"Do you hate me"  he asks the question heavy in the air.

"No." I replied. Brushing his hair.
"I'm scared for you. But not OF you."
I stop and lean back to look at him.

"It's beginning. Isn't it Draco. It's happening, and you're going to be in the middle of it all"

He nods. I gulp.

Silence ensues. And my attention turns back to my arm.

"What did she do?" I ask, knowing that he will have seen it.

Draco pales and then leans forward, his eyes skimming over the memory.

"Ophelia.." he begins drawing in a breath and placing his hand on my thigh running his finger in circles.
"It's bad. It was bleeding so much, and I didn't know what to do. And when the bleeding stopped it-" he swallows a dry swallow
"It's bad"