Lets predict the future

[As the world caves in- Matt Maltese]

TRIGGER WARNING: DEPICTED SCENES OF ASSAULT, INJURY DETAIL.

*Ophelia*

"If I was on the wrong side...would you join me?"

The words rang in my ear for days when Draco left, his scent leaving the room of requirements forcing me to return to hell.

I would turn a corner and swear I seen him, glancing the the person again to only see that their hair was brown, or the wrong shade of blonde. Posture too slumped and jaw too circular.

Tidying up the room before I left, I folded the blankets on the couch, patting the side as a thanks when I seen it jammed between the two cushions, his black ring.

I grabbed it, twisting it around my fingers as I started at the design, the cold metal foreign without his finger being in it.

Pulling a thread off the couch I created a chain, linking the ring through it and then latching it onto my neck. I would give it back to him when I next see him...If? Will I never see him again?

"If I was on the wrong side...would you join me?"

I shivered, the words heavy and resonating around my heart. Would I go and join the dark side? If there really was nothing left?

A year ago if you asked, I would have said no and chosen death over living on the side that killed thousands. But suddenly things weren't so black and white, and instead had began to swirl into a muddy black lake of grey.

Simplicity suddenly a foreign concept that tasted bitter on the tongue, freedom seeming like a pipe dream as things hardened at Hogwarts and rules suddenly became laws.

My dorm was cold. Empty. A thin layer of dust settling over the chest of drawers and unit. Unloved and untouched. I could see the dust particles float around the room as the sun slimed its way into my room and over my bed, illuminating how empty it was and how empty it would continue to be for...god knows how long. Sleep suddenly consuming my head I groaned and lay down over the covers, my shoes still on as my face sunk into the pillow sleep engulfing me in its warmth mouth.

I sat in a carriage on the Hogwarts Express, the carriage filled with laughter as those around me laughed.

"You know, anytime we play that game Blaise it always turns into a argument!" Sarah scoffs, the smile wide on her face when Blaise mockingly gasps, placing a hand over his mouth before talking.

"Sarah I have never heard such lies come out your mouth. You know I really expected more. I argue during that game because you cheat."

"I do not cheat!" Sarah shrieks, throwing her hand against Blaise who slides away and then hits her back, both of them throwing into a fit of giggles as they slap each other.

"you know. You could just get it over with and fuck?" Draco says, his body clear beside mine as I looked between the three of them, Draco smiling at his friends before turning to me and placing a kiss on my cheek before turning to the window, drawing a long wiggly line, followed by two lines.