i guess i want you more than i thought i did [j.e]

lzrtown hello,,,, hello sir,,,,,,,,,, i offer this to u,,,,,,, i hope u like it :]
v sorry if it seems low quality towards the end i am v tired :]]

fic title from ; helium - glass animals

pairing ; jcracc [jc the caster/jc + raccooneggs/ezra]

prompt ; five times they make each other feel special when they get high and the one time ezra does something about it.

cws/tws ; underage/of age drug use, brief and non detailed mentions of abuse.

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

the first time they go on a late night outing, jc is nervous.

they're sixteen, smuggling weed from ezra's father and sneaking out of the house. jc's parents will be pissed if they find out he's snuck out, but the opportunity to hang out with ezra outside of school makes his head spin and his heart race. his lungs press awkwardly against his ribs as he wiggles his way out of his window, brushing his shirt off once his feet on on steady ground.

ezra stands in front of him, hands tucked into his pockets and a small smile on his face, though jc can tell the fluffy-haired boy is just as nervous as he is. "sup, jc?"

"ready to get fucking blitzed, how 'bout yourself?" ezra smiles, gestures for jc to follow him, and then they're off, walking down the dimly lit streets in the middle of a hot summer night, about to go smoke some weed at a children's park.

for the most part, it's fun. they sit in the middle of a tube, cross-legged, two expertly rolled blunts sitting in the middke of the tube. it's a little cramped, sure, but jc really isn't paying attention.

he's too busy staring unabashedly at ezra, the way his hair curls delicately above his ears and droops in front of his eyes, and his throat goes dry when the other boy lights the blunt and presses it to his lips, adam's apple bobbing as he swallows.

jc, with shaky hands, lights his own blunt and tries to copy ezra's movement, to no avail - he chokes and coughs as the smoke travels farther down his throat than he'd expected, and as he sputters, he can faintly hear ezra's laugh, soft and gentler than it usually is when they're dicking around.

"damn, you're dumb, dude," ezra says, "you're not supposed to inhale that shit all the way down your throat."

"oh," jc croaks, and ezra laughs again.

"c'mere, i'll show you." the taller boy shifts, taking a drag and holding the smoke in his mouth, before exhaling gunmetal grey smoke in jc's face. "that's how you do it, cuteass,"

and damn, does the shitty nickname do something to jc.

looking back on it, that's probably the first time he's ever thought about ezra in a way that's not platonic; staring at the other teen and admiring half lidded, reddened eyes and the way his hair frames a gentle halo against his face, the soft, breathy giggles he lets out whenever jc says something funny, when he gently rests his head on jc's shoulder. it makes jc's heart thunder against his ribcage without his consent.

he hopes they'll have more moments like this.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

the second time they blitz up, it's two years later, in the dead of winter.

it's almost one am, jc is so cold, but there's a ferocious knocking on his door and he sighs, wrapping his blanket around his shoulders and shuffling on cold feet to unlock the door. as soon as it's unlocked, ezra is shoving his way in, a blunt tucked neatly between his fingers, a bruise blossoming on his left cheek and a too noticeable black eye.