you took my hand and held me close [j.e]

yo somewhat soft jcracc?????
im totally not simping for raccooneggs and jcthecaster..... theyre just rlly fuckign pretty guys but im not gay im not gay im not gay im not gay im not gay im no-

idk uhh... cw for vague mentions of insomnia and trollers ig AND ALSO I FORGOT UHHH THE R SLUR WAS USED HERE TOO

title from up all night - owl city

prompt; racc has a bad day and jc's there to help.

final word count; 2k smile

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

the beeping of his alarm clock wakes ezra up, and before looking at the time, he can already tell it's way too fucking early to be awake – the sky is still dark and birds aren't chirping, so it's pretty damn plain to see. his stupid fucking alarm clock is broken, the alarm ringing either too early or too late, and it's annoying as shit but he doesn't feel like getting another one. it continues beeping and he groans, slapping a hand over eyes with a huff as he blindly reaches around his bedside table and smacks it onto the floor, hearing the shatter of the screen as it breaks. he huffs, not wanting to get up and fix it just yet, and tries to go back to sleep.

he doesn't. time ticks on, and he's still awake, laying on his bed with his hand over his eyes, trying to make his breathing even out, but it comes out shaky and either too much at a time or too little, and he doesn't know how long he lays there until he just decides to get up. ezra stretches with a grunt, pushes himself up and off his bed, and heads to his kitchen to grab something to eat. there's an almost-empty box of cereal on his counter and he shrugs, grabbing the box and shuffling back to his room. it's still sort of dark outside – the sun is just beginning to peek over the horizon – but there's nothing like polishing off a box of cereal and recording some cs:go. he sits at his monitors and waits for them to boot up, quickly typing in his password and opening discord.

craccoon
yo jc
u wanna play cs rn?
ill b recording n shit

jcthecaster
uh, sure?
right now?
shouldn't you still be asleep? you haven't slept much this last week.

craccoon
yes im aware
n yeah rn
couldnt go back to sleep
might as well record a vid to put out n shit yk??

jcthecaster
mm, makes sense.
you're probably procrastinating editing the rust video, so i might as well indulge you.
should i record as well?
i'm starting up my monitors.

craccoon
uhh if u wanna ig
go ahead
idm
im not procrastinating btw ill do it lter

jcthecaster
if you say so.
you want it to be just us and some npcs or should we invite others?

craccoon
tbh not feelin like havin their loudasses in here rn
might as well just have us n the npcs
bots r prbbly better thn they r tbh

jcthecaster
alright.
you're right about that, though.
you ever wanna leave, tell me.

craccoon
dont baby me jc
im a big boy n shit
im takin care of myself
dw abt me

jcthecaster
you're right, sorry.

ezra hums quietly to himself, brushing his hair out of his face. his hand comes back greasy and he winces – when's the last time he washed his hair? whatever, he can do it when he showers later. he's snapped out of his thoughts by the familiar hum of the discord call notification, and he accepts immediately, holding his hair back so he can slide on his headphones.

"good morning, racc," jc says cheerfully, yet there's an underlying hint of tiredness, and all of a sudden, ezra feels sort of guilty for asking him. too late for that now, though. "it's been a while since we've played cs together, i hope i'm still good at the game." he snorts, and jc makes some sort of weird whining noise.