we float before the sea and eyes [k.n]

yo ????? fake dating karlnap au ???????????

unrelated i wanna kiss awesamdude so badly brrbrbrrr he is underrated brrrbrrrrbrbrr

fic title from ;; pools - glass animals

cw/tw ;; BRRBRBR mild homophobia from tha chat

pairing ;; karlnap [karl jacobs + nick/sapnap]

prompt ;; nick accidentally drags karl into a fake dating au, but they don't mind.

final word count ;; 1.7k

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

it's supposed to be a chill stream with nick and sam, hanging on the smp and doing what they do best (in this case, it's being absolute morons), but of course, someone has to ruin it.

karl cackles hysterically when nick hops onto the crafting table in front of sam, covering his face in his hands so chat doesn't call him out for blushing. it's one of the things his viewers love to point out and clip, when his face flushes, sharing it in twitter fancams and posting it on tiktok for everyone to simp over. he doesn't mind it, of course, he just gets embarrassed by the compliments and the amount of images that are out on the internet.

"well," sam says, snapping karl from his black hole of a brain, "i guess i should be going now. it's sleepy time for me, and i gotta call my mom before i pass out."

"we'll see ya later, sam!" nick grins, and karl waves before sam leaves the game and disconnects from the discord call. nick's character turns to him in game, and karl chuckles, stepping back. "guess it's just me and you now, karlos,"

"no, don't make this weird-"

"get on the crafting table, karl." karl's face is red, so red, and he's sure sapnap can tell, because his chat certainly has. maybe he should just stop doing facecam streams. nonetheless, he complies with the request, hoisting himself onto the crafting table with ease, though he instantly backs off as soon as nick stands in front of him.

the familiar chime of nick's donation sound goes off, and karl stops talking, waiting for the dono to loud up so nick can read it.

"let me take you on a date and i'll show you a good tim-" nick cuts himself off, coughing into his sleeve, and karl can tell he's getting uncomfortable. to be honest, if he got a donation like that, it'd make him uncomfortable too, so he doesn't blame him. on top of that, he's sure the person who'd sent the donation is young, younger than nick, which just makes it all the more sickening.

"sorry for the person who donated this, i don't think," nick pauses and karl swallows thickly, wondering if he's going to come out and just say that he's uncomfortable, but what he says next makes karl freeze in his seat and the blood rush to his cheeks, his heart stuttering against his chest. "i don't think karl would be ok with that, y'know,"

the chat explodes.

emilywastakcn: DOES THIS MEAN

isathebest: KARLNAP CONFIRMED POG????

jazz_: WHAHHBTHBEBRBBRT this is poggers

tubbox: wOwh....... karl u say,,,,,,,

kyLe69: yallre gay? im unfollowing wtf. thats gross

despite all the good comments, that one makes karl look away from the chat. the mods delete the comment a brief moment after, but it's seared into his head, and he's sure there's more to come. twitter homophobes and dms on instagram and stan accounts being blatantly bigoted because they're in a 'relationship'.