don't look back, don't give up (just be my manic daydream) [g.h]

hey brbrbrnrkrkdkzkjfjd spifl brainrot. pog

ik this is way short but its a snippet of a way larger thing that im going to be back and forth between jekrjddkskdj i hope u guys like this brbrbrrb ill explain any questions in th comments skdkdospdjfjsjs

fic title from ;; manic daydream - ace of hearts

cw/tw ;; brief mentions of getting shot (:

pairing ;; spifl [george/spifey + harvey/tapl]

prompt ;; vague talks and meaningful confessions on a cramped car hood.

final word count ;; 750 ndjdkskf

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

bright green lights twist and swirl around, braiding with soft purples and deep blues, painted against an atricolour backdrop. the heat of the car's engine underneath the hood burns, his skin is turning red, but he doesn't sit up yet.

he's waiting for someone.

the clearing of a throat and shuffling of feet against the gravel causes him to sit up, narrowing his eyes. "you're wearing your glasses," he says, and george smiles, hesitant and strained. "you look.. nice." it's not the words he wanted to say, not the words he wanted to hear come out of his mouth, but they do, hanging stale and awkward in underneath the iridescent lights.

"didn't feel like putting in my contacts this morning." harvey shrugs in understanding and moves over on the car roof, george taking the hint and sitting next to him. "harvey, i need to say something."

"me first, please." he looks at george, pleadingly, and george breathes out in response, nodding. "i know i was unfair to you, saying.. what i said. i shouldn't have. but today, out there, i felt like i was myself again. i need you, george, i need you. but if you don't want me, i understand. i needed to discover myself, what i'm needed for, and now i know, now i can see. i'm not like i was before, geo, i promise you this. i- i love you, i'm pretty sure i'm in love with you."

george sniffles, and for a brief moment, harvey thinks he's said the wrong thing. the brit turns to him, angry, yet smiling, and punches harvey in the shoulder. "you're a dumbass, y'know. getting shot like that, risking your life like that, i would've killed you myself if the bullet didn't. d'you know how much you worried me, harvey? when i.. when i saw you there, laying in the hospital, unsure if you were ever going to wake up again, i thought i lost a piece of myself when i left that room. i thought you were going to die and leave me all alone, and i almost lost my fucking mind." george swallows thickly, tears slipping down his face, and harvey brushes them away with his thumb.

"yeah, i know, geo. i love you. i fucked up, but i love you. please, geo," he hiccups, and george turns to him, unfolding his arms and holding them over for harvey to collapse into. his shoulder throbs in pain, he's lucky george's punch didn't rip his stitches.

"i don't blame you, harv. you've gone through so much these months, with.. with everything, and i'm sorry i left you to deal with it. i was selfish and unfair to you, and i shouldn't have." the words, whispered delicately into the bitter, cold air, make harvey cry harder, freezing tears soaking george's sweater. "i love you too, harvey. i need you to know that. i don't blame you for anything."

"god, geo," harvey chuckles, voice sounding strained, "you're too nice and understanding, i- i don't understand. i love you." it's a definite, a statement harvey cannot take back even if he wanted to, and he's completely fine with it.

george is like serendipity to him, a word with an unexplainable definition, but so much meaning. george is the sun, george gives him life and meaning, he speaks calming ocean waters and looks more beautiful than the lights in the sky.

harvey loves george, loves him more than he loves himself, than he's ever loved anyone else, and george loves him too. it's all he's ever wanted, and now that he's got it, he doesn't know what to do with it.

so he leans in and presses his lips to george's, planting a firm palm on the cooling car hood, squeezing his eyes shut. after a brief moment, george's hands come up to rest on his cheeks, pulling him closer, and harvey's eyes flutter closed.

a low hum forms in the back of his throat, and george swallows it, pulling away to rest his forehead against harvey's, laughing softly. "harv, look," he tilts his head up, looking at the northern lights spreading across the sky, and harvey smiles.

"they're pretty," he murmurs. he isn't exactly lying about it - they are pretty, but they're not as pretty as george; in fact, they seem bland and pale and colourless, dead to harvey as he stares at the angel in front of him, and as george glances over with his saccharine smile.

serendipity. that's all this is.