i wish you would find your chill [j.m]

yo have some jokomason while i work on my krii7y n another tedbox thing ✨✨

inspired by -faithers- yall should go look at her stuff its p pog

title from diplo - wish (epic song btw)

cw for mentions of drug use, alcohol, and almost falling out of a car

prompt; "you're too high and say some stupid shit and i tell you to get out of my car but you take it literally and i'm dRIVING YOU DUMBASS-"

final word count; 1.8k

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

mason sighs, rubbing his eyes tiredly and resisting the urge to yawn as he checks his phone. he's surprised to see that it's only one in the afternoon and he's got a tonne of snapchat messages, specifically from joko, and he's half tempted to ignore the dumbass entirely and go back to sleep.

unfortunately, it's fucking one in the afternoon and he has to stay awake.

he rubs his eyes again and swings his legs over the side of his bed, standing shakily. he's so tired, but hopefully some coffee will wake him up. his phone vibrates on his bed, probably more messages from joko, but he shrugs it off and leaves his room, starting up his coffee machine and resting his head on the counter, the cool marble countertop contrasting against his warm skin. it's a few minutes until the coffee actually brews, streaming warmly and audibly into the glass pot, and when it stops running, he straightens himself out and stretches, grabbing a cup and pouring the drink into it.

he sips, coughing as the scalding liquid burns the back of his throat, the sips again. yeah, mason is one of those people that just doesn't fucking care.

he fixes himself a bowl of cereal and sets the cup on the table, sitting down to eat. he can still hear the faint buzzing of his phone in his bedroom and he's half tempted to just turn off his notifications, but it must actually be important if they're trying this hard to reach him. he figures he can finish eating first, since no one likes soggy cereal (except for joko, but joko is stupid so he doesn't count), and he eats as quickly as he can, sipping on his coffee and gently dropping his bowl in the sink. the coffee is dumped out and the cup placed beside the bowl, then he walks back to his room, picking his phone up.

he opens snapchat and is blown away by the actual stupidity. joko is apparently at a party, the same one he'd invited mason to, but mason declined, already knowing he'd be designated driver for joko's dumbass.

JOKO
| MASON
| MASOM PLEASE
| M A SON OPEM UR PHONEN
| MAAOSN
|[tap to open snap!]

mason's eye twitches and he already wants to close the app. he looks through joko's bullshit, deciphering the fact that he's high and wanting to go home, and sighs. that's another quarter in the sigh jar for him, but he could hardly care less, sliding his arms in his jacket and pulling on his shoes. he loves joko, obviously, but the dude's a fucking dumbass and got too high at a party he claimed he didn't want to be at.

fucking idiot (he's mason's fucking idiot, though, so mason can't say anything).

mason can't find his keys and it takes him a few minutes to, eventually realising they're in his jacket pocket and scowling, resisting the urge to sigh. he's not giving any more money to liam, especially since all it's for is probably weed. he walks - not stomps, he swears he doesn't stomp - out of his apartment, locking the door behind him and beginning to descent down the stairs. he reaches his car and sighs, unlocking the door and sliding in, then unlocking his phone and opening snapchat.