our fingers dancing where they meet [z.d]

yo skephalo pog ??
this is their meetup >:] pls enjoy this
dedicated to slmccl ilysm <33

fic title from ; this side of paradise - the coyote theory

pairing ; skephalo [skeppy/zak + badboyhalo/darryl]

prompt ; zak decides to go meet up with darryl for the first time.

cws/tws ; none !

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

zak’s day has been rather uneventful.

no, scratch that, his month has been rather uneventful. despite constantly streaming and playing minecraft with friends, it seems as if his boredom is never-ending. the days drag on and on; it seems as if all he does is stick to the routine of waking up, eating, streaming, and sleeping, and to be honest, he’s tired of it.

it’s another night of no sleep, staring up restlessly at his ceiling when he decides to get up and break his routine. a notification he’d received a little less than an hour ago tells him darryl is streaming, and without a moment’s hesitation, he joins the teamspeak channel darryl has open, buttoning his onesie back up again and sliding his headphones over his ears.

“who joined? oh, skeppy, hello! shouldn’t you be asleep right now?” zak spares a quick glance at the clock, shrugs, and huffs into the mic.

“it’s not that late.” he says simply, and cringes at his own voice. it sounds scratchy and tired, and even if he is a little tired since he hasn’t slept for almost twenty-four hours, he still doesn’t want the older man to worry about him. “what’re you doing?”

darryl scoffs, but doesn’t say anything further on the subject of zak not sleeping, leaning back in his chair, keyboard clicking as he taps his fingers against the keys. “i’m playing minecraft, you’re free to join me if you want to!”

and this is how zak finds himself playing minecraft with badboyhalo at five in the fucking morning. he isn’t complaining, don’t get him wrong, but he’d rather be doing something a little more stimulating than a chill minecraft stream, and he isn’t in the mood for a troll, so there’s genuinely nothing to do, other than follow darryl around in-game like a lost little puppy. they mindlessly stroll around the jade plains, eventually coming to a small lava pool that darryl stops beside.

he’s so bored.

“hey, bad, are you doing anything right now?” he finds himself asking, against his will, the crooked joke sitting heavily in his mind, and darryl makes a confused noise, turning to zak in-game.

“well, other than playing minecraft with you, no, not really. why?” zak hums and giggles, burying his face in his hands, half covered with the sleeve of his duck onesie, effectively muffling the next words that slip from his lips.

“can i come over?” it’s meant to be a joke, that much is obvious, but the reaction darryl gives him is somewhat realistic. it’s obviously meant to be a response to his joke, but it seems so real and it tugs at zak’s heart.

“skeppy, of course you can! i mean, i only live like, two hours away, so it’d be pretty easy to,” darryl quips back, laughing softly, and that’s when zak decides he’s going to do it. he’s going to drive two hours to meet his best friend and maybe also the love of his life, and maybe even kiss him when he opens the door.

darryl’s chat surprisingly doesn’t go crazy, probably assuming it’s just a gag, and to be honest, darryl does too, so it’s not too unbelieveable. zak sits back in his chair, glancing over to the time. he figures he’ll leave at around seven in the morning, pick up breakfast on the road, maybe get some food for darryl before he arrives. that gives him at least an hour to pack, if he’s doing his maths correctly.