Chapter 20

It had been three weeks of training with your mother and you had finally gotten to the point were you could put up a decent fight against her. Though you knew she was holding back. It was obvious to anyone that the furrow in her eyebrow would soften in battle whenever you know good and well that you're supposed to be absolutely furious when fighting that way.

Luckily for you there was other ways to battle someone. There is a thing called hexes and curses that bring misfortune to your enemies, though you have to really hate or dislike someone for them to work. For beginners it's usually hard for them to incite a curse, but it came a bit easier for you. There was allot of hatred stirring up inside of you. Though of course you hadn't been able to place a hex or curse on the league of villains yet, because she doesn't think it's a good idea to start a war with them yet. Which you can't necessarily say you disagree, because hell you just started training not to long ago.

You had also mentioned to Marceline about how you were able to walk barefooted through the flames of the burning base and of course her face was a bit shocked. Apparently it is a high level of magick that isnt usually available for beginners, because it- unlike the other magick doesn't come from emotions. It comes from memorized citations and practice. Which sounds allot easier than dealing with your emotions, but they had always taught it last. Part of some learning process you guessed.

But anyway, Marceline said she'd look into it for you and insisted you not worry about studying up on the matter anymore. It made you a bit curious, but you decied that you'd look into it on a later date. You had been swamped with schooling, training, and meditating (to get a shackle on your emotions). It had left you completely drained at night. There had been multiple nights when you found yourself asleep during meditation and woke up in different places. Maybe you were picking up a habit of sleep walking?

"The air around you really has changed, Y/n." Izuku hummed as he took his shoes off at the door. Todoroki following suit.

"Yeah? That's probably because I havent been able to sleep properly." You mumbled and moved towards the kitchen, tossing the two of them the remote to the TV.

"I meant in a good way." He chuckled and caught the remote, but also followed you towards the kitchen. "I mean, The air around you feels lighter?" He said in a unsure manner.

"Maybe it's just you." You said with a furrow of the eyebrow as you pulled out some left overs of your mothers cooking.

"Maybe, but hey, I'd like to take you somewhere." He said and scratched the back of his head. "I know you dont like to leave Bakugo, but I'll let Todoroki stay here with him." He said, basically pleading with you.

You looked over to Todoroki for some sign of approval, only to receive a nod and fishing for the TV remote from Izuku's hand. "Okay, fine." You said and tucked a piece of hair behind your ear. "Let me go get ready real quick." You weren't exactly dressed to go out with your pajama pants and tank top, so off you go to your wardrobe. Or course, Mina had come over in her spare time to online shop with you, so you had a few new items you wanted to wear anyway.

After you got dressed, you found yourself in the front seat of Izuku's car. Which to you was a bit questionable, because last time you checked he didnt have a car or a driver's license.

"Are you sure this is safe?" You questioned as you watched him turn the car on and buckle up.

"Yes, I've had my license for a week now." He chirped and began to drive. His own a lot less reckless than Bakugo's. Which was really comforting to you since you didn't feel like dying in a car crash at the moment.

"You know, I can tell you've been working really hard." He chimed as he continued to drive; light music coming from his radio.

"Yeah? Do I look more in shape?" You questioned, feeling a bit of hope inside of you. Maybe you could finally run without having an asthma attack. Though that was unlikely being you have to hit your inhaler every night before bed still.