Chapter 3

You pushed through the hallways of the school for yet again the millionth time this week. The hallways seeming more crowded and more endless as each second passed. This schooled sucked in so many ways.

It had Katsuki Bakugo in it for one. He was such a jerk wad! This morning, for no reason at all, he walked by knocking your shoulder so hard all of your books spilt across the floor. Then of course since the hallways were crowded people had stepped all over your papers and ruined your notes with foot prints.

  Clenching your jaw you slamed your collected books down onto your desk ignoring the few sets of eyes that drawn over to you. You didn't really care if they stared, because you were just so angry. If you were in a cartoon smoke would be pouring from your ears.

   "Yo, can I see you after class?" Mr. Yamada asked as he finger gunned at you and walked to the front of the class. You didn't want to have to deal with this, because he was your favorite teacher. The only thing was, he was just so loud and extroverted. You didn't know if you could even make it through his class today.

   As you slumped down in your seat, you would pull your hoodie up over you head and line your ear buds up under your hoodie so he couldn't see them. You shut your eyes listening to whatever music drowned out the world the most. You didn't want to be in this seat, classroom, school, town, country, or even this planet. You just wanted to be somewhere no one else was. A place so damn far away that you'd have to learn a different language.

  After Mr. Yamada had diagnosed you with a stress problem, that you had NO idea you had, he excused you from the mini meeting and now you just trudged down the hallway heading towards your next class. Of course you were running a bit late due to Mr. Yamada, but he did supply you with a late pass so you didn't mind too much. Bakugo Katsuki was in your next class anyway. You just didn't really want to be around him, but you couldn't really help it.

  As your hand latched onto the weird door handle you felt a hand on your shoulder. Almost jumping out of your skin you turn to face Todoroki, who's eyebrows where turned up slightly, showing a expression of slight worry.

   "Oh shit!" You exclaimed and took your ear buds out as you looked to your half and half friend. "Why the hell are you always sneaking up on me?" You ask a bit exasperated.

  "Hm?" He hummed and looked down at you. His expression now looking a bit confused. "I called your name twice." He said and retracted his hand from your shoulder and instead tucked it into his pocket.

  "Oh." You said a bit surprised at yourself for not paying attention. Usually you were pretty good at examining your surrounding, but you guessed you were too wrapped up in anger and stress to realize that Todoroki had even been calling your name. "I'm sorry, I just haven't really been paying attention." You said and gave him a half smile.

  "It's okay, but I need you to come with me." He said and turned on his heel.

  "Wha-? But my class." You shouted after him as he began to walk away. Whenever he didn't respond, you cursed under your breath and ran after him. "Wait up!" You called out as you caught up to him.

"Todoroki where are we going?" You ask as you watch him stick his head out from one side of the hallway. His eyes scanning the lobby before looking back to you.

  "We're skipping the rest of our classes." He stated bluntly and grabbed your hand.

  "Skipping classes?!" You whisper yelled at him as he dragged you behind him in a slight sprint. Despite hating this hell hole, you had never skipped school before. You had to graduate on scholarships and get into college.

  "That's what I said." He said as you both pushed through the lobby doors. He let go of your sweaty hand and looked back to you. "You just looked like you could use a get away." He stated as he continued to walk to his car. You watched as he walked wondering how this guy was so fast. He had just made it half way across the hallway in what felt like a split second.

  Suddenly you cursed the fact that you had shorter legs and tried your best to catch up with him. "Todoroki wait!" You called out as you panted a bit, coming to a stop to take a breather. You didn't have the best lungs, you see. You had severe asthma since you were a child and it really sucked. You never did get to attend schools on day that were too cold and always had to carry your inhaler with you. Taking your bag off your shoulder you squated down to try and find the inhaler, because your lungs had began to feel like they were burning; the cold air not really helping this either.

  "Looking for your inhaler?" Todoroki asked as he was suddenly right back in front of you, kneeling down to help search through your bag. You nodded a bit as you sat back and placed your hand on your chest. You knew it wouldn't do anything, but it still comforted you a bit. "Here." Todoroki would say as he held his hand out to you. Your inhaler sitting in the palm of his hand.

  "Thank you." You said as you reached for it and shook it between your fingers. Placing the mouth piece of the inhaler to your lips and inhale. The medicine helping your lungs from burning so badly.

  "Want me to carry you?" He asked as he watched you go to put your inhaler away after you use it again. He watched as your face would turn a bright pink and you'd shake your head.

  "N-no that wont be necessary. I can manage." You say and shake your head at the male. Even though you said you could manage, he still picked up your bookbag from the ground and slung it across his shoulders. This time walking at a much more human speed than before, so you could keep up with him. "Are we taking your car, because I dont have one?" You asked and looked up to him.

   He responded with a simple nod forward as he pulled the keys out of his pocket and clicked the unlock button. Your mouth almost hit the floor whenever you saw his slick black Jaguar F-Type 2021 model.

   "This is your car?" You ask and walk around examining it a bit astonished. I mean, you knew he was rich, but you didn't KNOW he was this rich.

   "Yeah." He stated and opened the door tossing your bookbag in the back as he motioned for you to get in, which you did. He wasn't much of a conversationalist. Anyone could see that, but the fact that he felt comfortable enough to skip class with you made you feel a bit better. "Where do you wanna go?" He asked as he turned his car on, causing it to rev to life. Which was enough to make allot of the classroom teachers look out their window at the both of you. You were just glad the windows were tinted.

   "We could get some fast food." You suggested and gave the male a shy smile. "My lunch period hadn't came around yet." You would say and inhale a little more than your lungs could handle at the moment. Which resorted in you coughing a bit.

   "Okay, what's your favorite fast food restaurant?" He asked as he began to drive off of the school grounds. The speed of his car making your head a bit spinny. You didn't realize how fast of a driver he was.