Chapter 26

"Where are they?!" Bakugo's voice boomed as he bursts into Mina's house his eyes wide and seething of rage and worry.

  "Woah, calm down man. They're okay." Kirishima said trying to hold back the raging ash blond.

   "God damnit, just tell me where they are." Bakugo growled breaking from Kirishima's grip and looking at the pink haired female, who'd be cleaning up Uraraka's wounds.

  "I'm going to need you to calm down, before you address me." Mina said giving Bakugo a glare. "Plus, I think every human here is startled as it is. Dont go in there, waking them up from their sleep, all because you want to throw a temper tantrum." Mina snapped at him. Her wits almost at its end as she had been patching up everyone and explaining things to Uraraka, because Kirishima wasn't exactly the best at these things.

  Bakugo opened his mouth to yell at her, but his eyes picked up hearing the sound of your voice calling out for him. He took off quickly down the hallway throwing open the door that had been previously closed. Your eyes landing onto his and a smile growing over your features as you saw him.

   "Dont look at me like that after what you just put me through, you idiot." Bakugo said as he shut the door behind him. He walked towards your bedside and grabbed the hand you had out stretched to him.

   "Hm, sorry." You managed as your voice had become raspy and hoarse from were Dabi had grabbed you so roughly.

  "How bad is it?" Bakugo questioned as he looked at the bandages that wrapped around your forehead and back.

  "Its not that-"

  "Dont fucking lie to me." He cut you off and gripped your hand a little tighter. "Let me see." He said and helped you flip over on your stomach. Which was a much more comfortable position to lay in anyway. His fingers made quick of the knots of the bandages on your back and he quickly took them off and fell silent as he examined your back. His fingers lightly tracing over the very tender bruise that had began to form and welp.

  You inhaled sharply at the touch as pain recoiled up your body as he quickly pulled away. "Why did you leave without me?" He asked, his voice soft as he looked into your eyes for answers he felt entitled to know.

  "It was just something I needed to do alone." You said softly as you looked away. You couldn't bring yourself to look him in the eyes, knowing that he had to be feeling betrayed by you.

   "You dont ever have to do anything alone whenever I'm here!" He yelled and stared at you with such passion that you couldn't not return his gaze. "That's the whole point of you being here, so that I can protect you!" He said letting his eyes travel back and forth between yours. "Why wont you just let me protect you?" He growled softly as he looked away his grip on your hand loosening a bit.

  "Bakugo." You said softly, gripping his hand instead. "You have been protecting me." You said and felt your heart racing a bit. You didnt like seeing him so distraught, especially whenever it was your fault. "Every night whenever I fall asleep, I know I'm protected in your arms. You are so good to me, please dont be mad at me for this." You say feeling fatigue roll over you and wince as you bring his hand over to your lips and place a weak kiss at his knuckles.

   "You're such a fucking idiot." He said as he moved to let his hand cup your face gently. "I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself for failing you... again." He said as he let his thumb brush across your bandaged face as he watched you doze off again. He leaned against the bed to press a gentle kiss to the temple of your head as he slowly backed away from your bedside and let out a shakey breath. His eyes glancing over the huge bruise on your back as he tied back up your bandages and covered you up with the blanket.