Chapter 30

You sat at the counter watching as Bakugo cooked. His eyebrows knitted together as he was cutting up some vegetables and tossed them into the pan.

  "Can you stop staring?" Bakugo asked grumpily and kept his back turned towards you as he cooked.

  "I'm trying to learn how to cook by watching you, sir." You sass and twirl the pencil between your fingers.

  "Well you should be focused on learning your damn school work." He responded as he pointed his spatula at you. His red eyes narrowing in on you as he turned back towards the food. He wasnt able to look at you for too long. Not with that dumbass expression written across your features. It was obvious you weren't watching him, because you wanted to learn how to cook. Your dumbass smile and the way your eyes trailed over him made that much obvious. He could feel his face heating up a bit as he stirred the vegetables around in the sauce, before moving to cook the meat. His movements becoming a bit more violent as he became flustered.

  "Alright Alright." You said and closed your book and stood up. A slight wince running over your features from your still sore body. It had been a few weeks, so you were able to walk around now and do normal stuff. You were just always so damn sore. "There is no reason to murder the food. I'll go study in my room while you finish up here." You say hoping he wouldn't actually burn the food.

  Your feet trailed along the cool floor until you made it into your bedroom and sat down on the bed. Truth be told, you had finished today's school work yesterday because you wanted to spend more time looking up into this elemental magick. Of course, you did this without the knowledge of your mother, but you couldn't quite help but to be intrigued by it. You had already gotten a good handle on what she had you studying, so you couldn't help but to dabble in a little something in your free time.

  You opened the window to your room, feeling the air roll in through the window causing a wicked smile to trail over your features. You took in a deep breath and winced a bit, yet you still reached your hand out the window and tried to focus on the feeling of the wind and how it affects all of the elements. It breathes into fire, pulls the tides, and weathers against the earth. Thinking about this, you can't help but to feel a surge of energy fly around your hand and tickle against the skin as it continued off of you and into a small burst of wind.

  You watched as the branches of the trees outside your window blew around violently for a second, before slowing and falling still again. You couldnt help but to smile. A feeling of content whelming up inside of you. You finally where able to understand your feelings and you knew how you needed to work on them. You where still angry and rightfully so, you where infatuated with Bakugo Katsuki, a bit worried about letting your mother back in, sad that your dad and brother where no longer part of your life, and happy with your friends.

   You reached up and tucked a piece of your hair back behind your ear as you started to stick your head out the window. Though before you could the sound of your phone ringing loudly caught your attention. You turned back towards it and answered the phone. "Hello?"

   "Hey, Y/n. It's Uraraka." The sound of your female companion sounding a bit stressed. "This is my new number. I was also wondering if we could meet sometime tomorrow?"

   "Yeah, of course! Want to get coffee in the morning?" You questioned slowly sitting on the bed. You hadn't really talked to her much after the incident. You hadn't had a way to get ahold of her since her phone was broken and you couldnt leave the house due to your injuries.

  "Yeah, that sounds good."

  "Alright so I'll see you around 10am at the coffee shop?"

  "Mhm"

  "Okay, I'll talk to you later?" You question feeling a bit confused as to why she would call instead of texting.

  "Hey Y/n?" She said hesitating as she said your name. Something in her voice making you feel a bit guilty.

  "Yeah? What's up?"

  "I'm sorry for not visiting you." She said softly. "I was just so distraught with everything. I've never had to deal with anything like this before and I just got overwhelmed." She rambled causing you to smile to yourself. Guilt building inside of you as you realized that you had dragged her into all of this.

"Hey, dont beat yourself up about it. I know its allot to deal with. I withdrew myself whenever I figured it all out too." You said and began to pick and bite at your finger nails. "Its allot to understand and if you ever need someone to talk to about it, you can always reach out to me." You finished and inhaled deeply through and out of your nose.

  "Thank you for understanding." She hummed.  Her voice sounding a bit more relieved then what it previously was.  "I felt really bad about it and I just needed to apologize," she said causing you to smile a bit lop sided.

  "There is no reason for you to apologize. If anything it should be the other way around." You sighed and tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear. "I'm the one who got you dragged into this in the first place."

  "Well yeah, but you never intended for this to happen. Its not your fault this happened." She said, causing you to laugh softly.

  "I'm glad you think so." You hummed feeling a bit better now knowing that she wasnt angry with you for all of this, because you felt she was for a little while. I mean this is the first you've heard from her in weeks.

"Anyway, I'll talk to you more tomorrow." She says trying to close the conversation and honestly you couldn't really blame her. It was starting to feel a bit awkward.

"Of course, see you tomorrow." You say and end the phone call and program her new number.

A shaky breath left your lips as you stared at the phone. Finally you and her had talked about things. Anxiety rattled through your body despite you talking things out. You knew she wouldn't have even been brought into this if it weren't for you getting involved in all this vampire business. You yourself hadn't even intended on joining all this vampire and magician shit. It just sort of happened.

"Hey, come eat." Bakugo said as he stood at your door frame. His crimson eyes examining your distressed features. He wanted to know what was wrong with you, but didn't want to pry. The two of you have been through so much already that he can't really begin to imagine what's exactly on your mind. It's times like this is when he wished he was still bound to you, so he could know how to comfort you.

"Alright, I'm coming." You say flashing him a soft smile. Despite you not really being too hungry, you knew you at least had to eat a little bit. Bakugo did always make the effort to cook you meals even though he didn't eat them and it'd just feel rude to decline him.

"What do you want to drink? I bought some fruit punch." He said looking back to you as he turned around in the door way. His eyebrows pulled in as there usual scowl sat across his face.

"You bought fruit punch?" You question, knowing that he doesn't drink anything other than blood or that blood substitute powder he mixes in his drink.

"I figured you would have gotten tired of just drinking water by now." He mentioned and rolled his eyes at you as he walked off down the hallway.

"Awe Bakugo!" You called out as you followed him down the hall. "You're such a sweetheart."

"Please shut the fuck up about it already."