red eyes

All three of us went to the veterinarian clinic where Scott worked. I haven't been in here since Scott first got the job in the 8th grade. As we opened the door, another teenager with blonde hair and a scarf was standing inside. "Who's the girl?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"My sister." Scott briefly says before walking behind the counter into what looked like an examination room.

I huff and smile while sticking out my hand. "I'm Myla."

He lifts his eyebrows and shakes my hand. "Issac."

Stiles claps his hands and rubs them together. "Okay Myla, you stay in this waiting chair and we'll be right back okay?"

I nod and the two go back into the room Scott walked into, Stiles closing the door behind him.

After about ten minutes, they all come out with who looked to be Deaton. He smiles and I kindly return it.

"Myla, you stay here with Deaton, we'll be back okay?" Scott walks up to me.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"We are going to visit some friends quickly with Lydia." Stiles interjects.

"I thought Lydia wasn't your friend." I say and look around the room.

"She's our friend now. We're really close." Scott says. "But are you okay staying here?" I nod and they all rush out the office leaving me and Deaton alone together.

"Do you know everything?" Deaton blurts.

I scrunch my eyebrows together. "Everything? What do you mean?" I stand up and lean on the counter that Deaton was standing behind.

"Oh nothing. Just a weird question I guess. I'm guessing you and Scott haven't had time to catch up?"

I sigh. "No, we've been constantly doing something. I haven't even had time to talk to him. And Stiles, I miss him more than anything because I haven't been able to talk to him in three years. To top it all off, my dad will find out that I'm here soon because I wrote a note for the neighbor I was at a friends house, but she'll know I'm gone when the same note is there multiple days. I won't be able to catch up by then." I ramble on, but notice his eyebrows raising, meaning I was talking a lot. "Sorry."

"Well," Deaton put a hand on my shoulder. "I think having your few days was more than Scott and Stiles could ever ask for."

"So, since you must know a lot about my brother as his life, fill me in?" I rest my head on my fist.

"There's Allison, Scott's ex girlfriend and Issac's soon to be girlfriend. Issac is new here and lives with your brother. Ever since Lydia was attacked in the lacrosse field, she's been apart of their friend group. Then Ethan and Aiden, they came about a year ago." Deaton explained.

"How did Scott get all these friends? We used to be nerds. Scott, Stiles, and I. Maybe me leaving was a good thing. I should've never came."

"Scott is happy you're here, he's just busy. And I do know that Stiles is especially very fond of you home." Deaton smiles and I laugh.

"I remember Scott used to be so jealous of me because I was the better twin." I laugh.

Deaton scrunches is eyebrows. "How so?"

"I never got sick, not even the common cold. I always was more athletic and had good reflexes, was stronger, and was better at lacrosse. Sometimes, I swore I could hear what he was thinking sometimes, but I learned to leave my strange sounds to myself." I explain.

Deaton had a look of concern throughout his face but I chose to ignore it. "Well I'm going to do some work, feel free to sit on one of those chairs til the boys come back." He smiles and goes into a office and closes the door. I turn on my heels and sit back into the stupid blue chairs.

After a half hour, Stiles's jeep pulls up and he runs into the clinic. "Myla, let's go." I quickly run after him and climb in the backseat, as Lydia Martin was sitting next to Stiles. He quickly speeds off before I say anything.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

Lydia turns around. "We are going to find the coyote before Mr. Tate does. He wants to kill it and we are going to save it. We need extra eyes." She smiles sweetly as her loosely curled hair was all on her right shoulder. Stiles speeded down the road, and looking behind us, Scott was right behind us.

We finally stopped in the woods, everyone quickly getting out. Stiles grabbed my hand as while jumped out. Issac and Allison got out of their car as Scott put his helmet on his bike. We all shared nervous glances, scared to be inside the woods looking for something that could easily tear us apart.

"Are we sure we're not doing more harm then good?" Lydia asked.

"We're trying to keep-" Scott looked at me before continuing, "Mr. Tate from killing this coyote that he thinks killed his family."

"And then we have to change her back, which we don't know how to do." Issac pointed out which confused me, but I kept it to myself.

"And again with the not helping." Stiles complains.

Scott turns to Allison. "Did you bring it?" With that, Allison opens her trunk and brings out to what looks like what would kill the coyote.

"I thought we were saving it, not killing it." I say.

"It's a tranquilizer gun." Stiles reassures.

Gun shots makes us all turn our heads, which makes us think the worst: he got to it first.

Scott quickly grabbed his helmet and got onto his bike and without thinking, I jumped on and he sped off.

"Myla what the hell are you doing?" Scott yelled back.

"We do everything together Scott." I yell back. He didn't want to stop, which was the only reason I was still on the bike.

Yelling sounded, which sounded like Issac. It was loud, but it must've been louder for Scott, because it made him swerve, knocking us both off the bike. I fell in the dirt, getting few cuts on my arms from the rocks. Scott threw off his helmet and crawled to me.

"You okay? Damn it, this is why you shouldn't have gotten on. You got hurt." Scott seemed frustrated.

"Scott, it's just a few cuts okay? I'm fine." I grab his shoulder and he calms down.

"Stay here." Scott stands up but I do too.

"No way." I brush off my arms.

"Stay."

Scott takes off, but I follow. Scott was faster than me but not by much for some reason. Once we both saw the coyote, he went even faster, which wasn't even humanly possible. Although it felt like I was running faster than humanly possible too.

Scott had no idea I was even near him, I could tell by the way he was looking around. As the coyote was running, I veered to the left, making my route faster. I heard growling, which I assumed was the coyote. I cut across so I was behind the car wreck a few yards away. I stopped to see Scott, who looked like he had just jumped over the car. My eyes widen and he landed safely, and his eyes red and more facial hair than normal. The coyote growled at him, ready to charge. Scott looked up and roared back with fangs instead of teeth. I fell back covering my ears. I shut my eyes, thinking it would help with the piercing sound. As the sound stopped, I look up to see the coyote gone, but a naked teenaged girl. Scott stood showing his pointed ears, which I saw in movies as werewolves.

Tears sprung from my eyes, as Scott got a glimpse of me. I quickly stood up and ran, leaving him and the girl alone.

This wasn't the movies.