72 hours

A tear rolls down my cheek while my father looks down at me with his arms crossed. I look over at Scott, who has been leaning on the wall across the room, put his head down.

"You snuck out last night, and you haven't been attending school. This is unacceptable and against our agreement." My dad puts his hands on his hips, acting all FBI like.

I wipe my tear, "Sneaking out wasn't against the agreement." I sass. "You didn't say anything about that. Why were you here anyways?"

My dad huffs, "Because Myla, I heard about your day yesterday with your Coach. That's why your mother and I wanted you to stay home so you can settle."

"I'm completely fine. Okay?" Another tear steps form my eye, just from remembering why we snuck out in the first place.

~~~

Scott's bike weaved through the damp streets, the rain still on the road from last night. My arms were wrapped around my brother as I held on for dear life. Finally, up ahead was a familiar car with two familiar faces standing near it. Scott stopped, allowing us to get off. I looked at the building, scary thoughts sent a chill own my spine as I read the gate 'Eichen House'.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Scott asked Noah Stilinski, who was about to admit Stiles into the mental hospital.

Noah shifted his gaze between us. "Because we wanted to avoid something like this."

"It's only 72 hours." Stiles spoke up.

Scott shifted his weight, still not okay with his best friend going in there. "This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies. You don't know everything yet."

"I know enough. Nogitunes, kitsunes, Oni, or what ever they're called." Noah answered, not budging.

Stiles looked at his father. "Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct."

"And telepathists." I said quiet. Noah looked at me then Stiles.

"Yes she is now on the chess board." Stiles said referring to me.

"Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm heading down to LA tomorrow to talk to a specialist." Noah said.

I stuck my arm out. "Then why are you putting him in here?"

"He's not." Stiles spoke up. "It was my decision."

Tears pooled in my eyes and I leaned my head into the back of Scott's shoulder gently. "Stiles, we can't help you when you're in here."

"And I can't hurt you, or her. That's what's important to me right now." Stiles's words made more tears fall, making me take a few steps back from the two.

"We're going to find something Stiles. And if we can't–"

"–and if you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out." Stiles's words were sharp, cutting into my heart and Scott's.

"Stiles?" I croak out, more tears fell by the minute. Stiles looked at me and immediately embraced me into a tight hug. "Please don't leave me." I said into his shoulder.

He let go and looked into my eyes. "I won't ever leave you. There's no way I can, remember? I'm one thought away." With that his kissed the top of my head and followed his father into the gate.

~~~

"I have work." Scott says walking towards the door.

I stand. "I'll go too." I start to follow my brother but a hand grabs my wrist.

I turn back for my dad to have a grip on me. "You're not going anywhere. You're grounded this weekend. You still won't tell me where you went which grounds you."

I look over at Scott and he nods, signaling that he'll keep me updated. I sigh and go upstairs, putting myself into Scott's room.

I sit on the bed, trying to connect to Stiles in any way. Finally a wave of fear washed over me, making me tense up.

Before I knew it, Scott walks into his room looking tired. "How was your day at home?"

"Fine. Is there a way to get rid of it?" I ask, staring at the floor.

"We are working on it. But we should both get some sleep okay?" Scott suggest and I nod, moving to sit on the floor. I stare out the window as Scott changes into sweatpants. After, he laid in bed, covering himself up with blankets.

"Myla?" I look away from the window to see Scott rubbing his eyes, adjusting the light. "Have you been awake all night?"

"Uh, yeah. I guess I couldn't sleep." I say looking at the floor. "I'm going to get some breakfast." I walk out the room, heading downstairs into the kitchen. As I past the dining room, I notice my dad in a chair reading the newspaper.

"Good morning." He said looking up.

In the kitchen I grab the bread and put it in the toaster. "What are you doing here?" I say turning around to look at him.

"Well I have to make sure you don't leave. You're still grounded." He says looking back at the paper.

Suddenly, a strike of pain on my cheekbone occurred, making me fall and yelp in pain. It felt as if someone had punched me right in the face.

"Myla!" My dad yells and runs towards me, kneeling to look at me. I held the side of my face, as pain pulsed through it. Footsteps sounded from the steps as Scott emerges from the corner.

"What the hell happened?" Scott crouched by me and scans me over, seeing the terrified look on my face. "I'm going to take her upstairs." Scott grabs my arm and pulls me upstairs.

He sits me down on the edge of the bed, looking at me concerned. "Did he..."

"No. He didn't. He's not that stupid." I say looking into Scott's eyes.

"Then why the hell do you have a faint bruise on the side of your face?" He presses lightly on it and I flinch due to the sharp pain.

I look away then back at my twin. "I didn't get hit." Scott scrunches his eyebrows in confusion. "Stiles did."