dead body

"Myla?" Scott had a flashlight in hand, confusing me of why he was here in the first place. "How, what are you doing here? You never texted."

"Your number is in my laptop, I'm not allowed to have anyone from Beacon Hills on my phone, and my laptop is in pieces. And I sorta just left. Dad doesn't know and I would like to keep it that way." I stand from the bed and wrap my arms around him, relieved that I've connected with him again.

"I haven't seen you in-"

"Three years." I finished Scott's sentence, saddened by the fact.

"Sorry to interrupt this reunion, but why are you here Scott?" Stiles questioned, standing up.

Scott looked at me before answering, hesitant, as if he didn't want me to know. "We're going to find a dead body."

I furrow my eyebrows. "You're still on that stuff?" I laugh.

Stiles tilts his head back slightly and crossed his arms. "What do you mean?"

I smile. "Ever since your dad became a deputy then sheriff, we would investigate everything and try help, even though we got in trouble every time. But you're joking right?"

My shoes crunched the dead leaves and branches in the forest. "You weren't joking I guess. What are we doing out here?"

Stiles stopped and shined the flashlight in my eyes. "Looking for a dead body. Were you not paying attention?"

I throw a small rock at him, annoyed with his sass already. Although that's something I definitely missed about Stiles Stilinski. He caught up to Scott, leaving me slightly behind. They both started whispering, which only made me more curious on why we were out here.

A coyote howl startled me and I guess Stiles, because he almost jumped onto Scott's back, making Scott drop his phone. "Nice one Stilinski." I laugh lightly hitting him in the arm. We climb down a rock, where Scott retrieves his phone. I look around, then noticing a, or what looked to be a flipped car. "Scott, give me your flashlight." I grab it and flash it towards the flipped car, walking in that direction. The two boys followed me, curious of what I saw. "Is..is that a car?"

Stiles stepped slightly in front of me, examining the sight. "You found it Myla, good job."

"Why wouldn't they move it? It's evidence." Scott asks as we inch closer.

"Probably too much of a pain in the ass." Stiles said while we reached the car.

As we were only feet away, I noticed some big scratches on the side of the car. "What would've made these?" I put light to where I was talking about and the boys were right behind me. They both looked at each other, both of them having a secret. "Animal claws would normally be closer."

"My dad was right." Stiles blurts. Scott and Stiles share a glance of concern.

"What are you hiding from me? I know I haven't been here in three years, but what's going on?" I ask as Stiles examines the inside of the car.

"Huh?" Stiles asks mumbling something under his breath and reaching into the car.

"You're keeping secrets." I say as Stiles pulls out a baby doll. We all huddle around the doll, examining it.

"We're not keeping secrets we're-" Scott was cut by the baby talking which made us all jump and scream, me jumping backwards into the car, breaking more glass off the window.

"I just had a minor heart attack." Stiles says gripping his chest.

A low growling started to sound and I look over to see a coyote staring at us with its eyes. I grab Stiles's arm as Scott had already locked eyes with it, as if he had a plan. "We have to get out of here." I whisper. Suddenly, Scott runs after it, with speed I've never seen from him. "Scott wait!" I let go of Stiles and take a step forward. "How can he run so fast?" I look back at Stiles and he shrugs his shoulders. "We have to go after him." I start to walk in that direction, but a hand wrapped around my wrist and pulled me back.

Stiles pulled me closer than he probably anticipated, our faces being only a few inches apart, but he played it off. "No, Scott can handle himself."

"Stiles, what are you hiding from me?" I look into his amber eyes, waiting for his response.

He breaks eye contact and sighs. "Let's look around." He lets go of me and walk away from me, I reluctantly follow. A coyote howl caused us to run, but a den caused me to stop. I snoop inside, seeing things from a human or maybe even the car. The boys seemed to be looking for something like this so I run out again, noticing Stiles never stopped for me. I run the direction Stiles did, when I get plowed by Stiles himself.

I land straight on my back, knocking the wind out me for a few seconds. Stiles's head peaks onto my view and he holds out his hand, I grunt and grab it, him lifting me from the ground. Oddly enough, he did it with ease. Three years ago I used to be the strongest out of them. "Have you been working out?" Stiles laughs as a response, which makes me oddly curious of what the boys have been doing.

"Are you okay?" Scott comes up from behind us, startling me a bit.

"Yeah. Why would you follow that coyote? It could've attacked you." I ask. Scott didn't have a response so I continued. "That was completely stupid and I know you're not that dumb. What are you hiding?"

Stiles and Scott look at each other, as if they were talking telepathically. Rolling my eyes, I start to walk away from the two and towards the coyote den. Few seconds later, leaves crunching behind me told me that they were following.

As we make it to the den we step inside and Stiles seemed to be putting pieces together. He grabbed a coat and turned to us, "This is Malia's. All of this stuff is Malia's."

I scrunch my eyebrows together. "Who's Malia?"