beacon hills

I sat on the edge my bed with my laptop placed on my lap. On my screen, showed two faces smiling and laughing. My mother and twin brother.

"How is everything over there? I haven't talked to you two in forever." I smile and ask.

My family members exchange looks. "It's been... eventful. But I do have to get to work, so I'll talk to you soon okay? Love you Myla." my mother smiles and blows a kiss which I return.

"Love you mom." I few moments pass as she leaves the screen, my twin looked utterly occupied and didn't want to be here. "So Scott, how's school?"

Scott lets out a big sigh. "It's fine. It's school, nothing special. Fresno is probably better. " He runs his hand through his hair, showing a tattoo on his arm.

"It's not. Whoa Scott! You got a tattoo? That's so cool!" I yell into the screen.

Seconds later my door opens, my father standing in the doorway. I didn't necessarily like my father, for he was the reason I had to FaceTime my brother. Last time I was on a call with Scott was six months ago. Dad made me quit calling him because he thought I would runaway and go to Beacon Hills. I wasn't happy with my father, but he got me in the split. He only got me because he knows that I don't know what happened that night. All I remember is my door slamming, waking me up. I then heard yelling until my father came in my room drunk and told me to pack my things. We left that morning, I never said goodbye.

"Why are you yelling?" His voice was loud and his FBI badge was hanging from his neck. "Who are you on a call with?"

I look back at Scott and his eyes were full of concern. I usually closed my laptop every time my dad walked in, but for some reason I refrained. "It's none of your business Dad. Go back to work."

He had big bags under his eyes, so anger was easy to surface. "Get off the call. Now."

"No. You can't control me!" I yell back.

"Scott's on the line. Isn't he?" I nod in response. "That's it. You always act like this when you're on a call with your brother. So no more calling, texting, emailing, whatever you do to Scott or your mother. You're grounded." Dad rushed over, slamming my laptop closed and taking it from my possession.

"Dad! Give it back!" I scream, a few tears falling down my cheek.

"No!"

"This is why I want to move to Beacon Hills! So I don't have to deal with your shit and so I can be with my friends!" I snap. The room fell into a gross silence as he looked at me.

"You know, there's been a lot of murders in Beacon Hills. And your friend Stiles? His father, Sheriff Stilinski, hasn't been doing his job. He's making the town unsafe." Dad's voice was calmer but intense.

"What's your point? I'll be fine. I have Scott and Stiles as protection. Scott is the captain of the lacrosse team. And I need to go there. I've been here for years and haven't made a friend." Reality is, I've just been using that excuse ever since we've moved. I've actually become quite popular here in Fresno, I only went places when my dad wasn't home, I still just wanted to move back home.

Dad took a deep breath. "I've been looking into it, I'm going to Beacon Hills for a month. You will stay here and stay in school."

"What? You're making me stay? Why are you even going?"

"I'm conducting a case for impeachment against Sheriff Stilinski. Now go to bed and stay in school. The neighbor will check in on you everyday around dinner." He left my room, with my cheeks sticky from tears.

The neighbor rang the doorbell at 5:30pm while I was shoving my face with noodles. The neighbor, Ms. Dell, only popped her head in and said hello and went on her way. Rolling my eyes, I put my bowl away, then finally going upstairs to my room, but my father's room caught my eye. Placed on his bed was my laptop, except it was in three pieces. I now had no way of contacting Scott or my mom.

Anger flowed through me as I ran into my room, packing a bag. I grabbed some money from Dad's room, and took my car from the garage, setting my GPS for Beacon Hills. It was a three hour drive, a record for distance driving for me. As I arrived, Beacon Hills was exactly how I remembered it, small, but big. I slowly drive past Mom's house, scanning it. Inside I saw Scott and Dad fighting and Mom joining in. I couldn't go there, Dad would see me and I would never leave the house again. I sigh and pick up speed, going to the only other house I know.

I rubbed my hands together as the night in Beacon Hills was cold. I knocked on the door, my nerves through the roof. The door slowly opened to Noah Stilinski, Stiles's dad. I smile as he puts on a face of disbelief. "Myla McCall? Is that you?" Without saying anything I immediately hug him. "What are you doing here?"

"As you know my dad is in town, and I was supposed to stay, but I never listen. I wanted to see all of you." I let go and smile and he returns it.

Noah opens the door farther and I step inside, taking my shoes off. "Hey Dad who's at the- Myla?" I look up to see Stiles Stilinski himself standing down the hallway. He grew his hair out from his buzz cut, something I've been telling him to do since we were kids. And when I visited in 8th grade, he still had it. Ever since the 8th grade, I've realized that I looked at Stiles more than a best friend, but he didn't feel the same way.

"Hi Stiles." My eyes started to tear up as I ran and hugged him, him lifting me slightly in the tight embrace.

"What are you doing here? Scott never told me you were visiting. He actually told me the exact opposite." Stiles smiled and led me to his room, closing the door behind him.

"I left without Dad knowing. He's here and I wanted to be too. He actually grounded me and so he can't find out. That's why I'm here." I sit on the end of his bed, Stiles then softly sitting next to me.

"You ran away?" Stiles asked softly.

"I had to." I look at him in the eyes, smiling in the process.

Suddenly Stiles's door swings open, but not for his dad to be standing there, but my brother.