alternate ego

The rain poured onto the jeep, with the windshield wipers quickly going back and forth in attempt to wipe the rain.

As the jeep came to a halt, Stiles jumped out then turned around to help me as rain soaked through his clothes. "Come let's go." He held out his hand which I took and stepped onto the wet pavement as Scott finally got out. Stiles gripped tightly to my hand as we ran to the animal clinic doors.

We try to open them but they were locked. Hearing a sound, I turn around to see shadowy figures starting to appear in the darkness. "Stiles get inside!" Scott yells as he throws keys. I keep watching Scott, watching the fangs, pointy ears, and hair start to grow. I step away from Stiles while he opens the doors, finding something to help Scott fight. Finding a pipe on the ground, I grab it swinging at the Oni that was charging at me. It fell to the ground as Stiles's voice rings out. "Myla get inside! Myla!"

I swing at another Oni who deflects it so I kick start into the chest, making the Oni fly backwards. I look to Scott who was struggling so I run the help but was stopped by another Oni. I grab it's arm and swing in to the ground. I look up, watching an Oni's sword go through Scott.

"Scott!" I scream and drop my pipe. Anger rushed through my veins as purple surrounds my hands. Power swirled through me as I swipe my hands to the side, grabbing the Oni with my telekinetic power and throwing it as far as possible.

Scott fell to his knees as I run to him, Stiles and I not far behind me. "Let's get him inside. Let's go." Stiles says as him and I both grab an arm, walking him inside the animal clinic.

We lean Scott onto one of the tables where I stand in front of him holding the sword's handle in my hand, preparing to take it out. I take a deep breath as he grunts in pain. I get a better grip until a hand grabs my wrist tightly and painfully. I let go of the handle, letting out a whimper. Stiles's hand twisted my arm as I yelped in more pain. He then grabs the back of my head and slams it into the table, my body falling to the floor.

A few seconds later I open my eyes, seeing Stiles tapping the sword inside Scott. "You okay?" He asks, as if he was completely normal.

Scott's face was full of horror. "Please don't. Stop." He pleaded.

"It's okay." Stiles grabs onto the handle with one hand, and grabs his shoulder with the other, preparing to take it out. But instead, Stiles twists the sword, making Scott scream in pain.

I scooted to the wall, for I was in no shape to get up. I felt blood drip from my forehead, and my whole head throbbed in pain.

"Does it hurt? Hey, look at me." Scott looks up at Stiles's alternate ego. "You should've done you reading Scott. See, a nogitsune feeds off chaos and pain. This morning, you took it from Issac, then you took it from Coach. And then from a dying deputy." Tears pooled in my eyes for I was helpless in Scott situation. "All that pain. You took it all. Now, give it to me." Stiles's voice got slightly deeper as black veins sprouted from Scott's cheek into Stiles's hand that was placed there.

Stiles gasped as he was enduring a new type of pain. He panted, adjusting to it. "You really have to learn, Scott. You really have to learn not to trust a fox."

"Stop it Stiles." I say into his head, which was the only thing I could do.

"And you." He turns to me talking out loud and in my head, but the one in my head wasn't his voice, it was the voice of the nogitsune. "You took pain today too. It was your first time. And I want that too." Stiles grabs my wrist and a burning sensation begins as black veins sprout from my arm into his. I gasp in pain as he receives it. He pulls on my hair, grabbing my attention. "I want you. All of you." The nogitsune's voice echoed. "You want to know why you can't trust a fox? Because they're tricksters. They'll fool you. They'll fool everyone."

"Not everyone." Deaton's voice rang out as he stuck a syringe into Stiles's neck. Stiles grunted and started to pant. He grabbed Deaton's shirt to stay upright but ultimately fell due to weakness.

Deaton stands and walks to Scott as I gasp for air. He quickly grabs the sword in Scott and pulls, making Scott yell in pain.

"What was that?" Scott pants. "Was that a cure? Is he okay?"

Deaton looks down at Stiles laying by me on the floor. "The fox is poisoned. But it's not dead. Not yet."

I put a piece of my soaked hair behind my ear, scooting towards Stiles. I moved his wet hair from his forehead, seeing how peaceful he looked. "Will it kill him?" I ask as I look up at Deaton. "Will it kill Stiles too?"

Scott and Deaton share a look. "It shouldn't, but I don't know."

I touch my forehead, trying do find the cut on my forehead but failed, there was no cut, and no pain in my head. The worst part is, I'm not sure if that's because of the nogitsune or me.