goodbye

I sat in the kitchen table, holding my coffee mug in hand. My mother walks over, sitting next to me. "I know you didn't choose this world to live in, I for sure didn't. I have two kids, both supernatural. Even if you didn't know them, watching two people die is more than I ever want you to watch. But with your power, you're going to see a lot." She wrapped her arms around me as a tear fell down my face. 

"He kissed me." I say blankly. "Stiles kissed me while I was intoxicated at a party. I don't remember it."

"Then how do you now about it?" She asks lightly.

I sigh. "The nogitsune told me. It showed me while I was in his head. But he won't say anything about it and now he's all girl crazy with Malia." I look at her as Malia's laugh echoes from upstairs. She was here with Scott and Stiles, teaching her a few things. "Should I leave and go back to Fresno?"

She kisses the top of my head. "If you believe there's nothing here for you, I won't stop y0u. Because I love you no matter where you are."

"I don't want to leave you and Scott, I just want to leave the town."

My father walked in the door, making me lift my head from my mother's grasp. "If you want to stay, you can. I won't stop you. Or maybe you can go home for a month then come back. You are enrolled in the high school. Just take a break from the town."

I stand, walking up to my father. I wrap my arms around him. "I want to go home." He kisses the top of my head, the first time he's really showed affection towards me. "But not forever, just a month. And I'll take months out of the year and go back to you."

Saying goodbye to Scott and my mother was one of the worst things I've done, even if it was just for a month. I sat in the passenger seat, ready for my three hour ride. Not that far along, the car comes to a stop. I sit up, looking out the window to expect a gas station. But instead I was looking at the Stilinski residence. I didn't tell my dad to stop here. I didn't really want to, and I didn't think he would. I open the door and step out, walking up to their entrance. I ring the doorbell and stand there nervously. The door opens and Noah Stilinski stood on the other side. He looked behind me, noticing my dad in the running car.

"Saying goodbye?" He simply asks. I nod and he moves out of the way, letting me in. "He's in his room."

I follow the hallway to Stiles's room, dreading each step. I finally make it to his room and the door way was open, and I saw Stiles ripping stuff off his wall. The floorboard creaked and he looked back, seeing me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, putting a handful of paper in the trash.

I walk in and sit in his bed. "What happened the night of the party?" I ask.

"The blue light one?" He asks and I nod. "Um I was dancing with Caitlyn, you were drunk, I left early. That's really it."

"Did anything happen? Between you and me?" I ask.

Stiles glanced to his left and started to pick at his fingers, two things that he does when he lies. "No. I gave you a water and my sweatshirt that's it."

I press my lips into a thin line. "Okay." I stand up and walk towards the door.

"Wait." He grabs my wrist lightly. "That's it? That's all you wanted?"

"I was here to say goodbye. I'm leaving, going back to Fresno." I state, ripping of the bandaid.

"That's it? You're just going to leave like that?" He defends.

"I've been through a lot Stiles."

"I've been through worse."

"No Stiles, you haven't." I pause. "I felt everything you felt. Every pain, every ache. The nogitsune talked to me and showed up everywhere, I even launched Scott across the room because of it. I felt what you did in Eichen House. Felt it. So yes Stiles, that's it. Because you can't tell me what happened that night because of what happened in Eichen. And you literally just lied to me in my face."

Stiles still had a light grip on my wrist with his right hand. "You want to know what happened?" He asks, even though I already knew. "Fine." He pulls my wrist and steps closer, making our noses almost touch. With his left hand he grabbed the side of my face and looked down at my lips before colliding them with his. Our lips moved in sync and he let go of my wrist and put his hand on my back. I didn't really know what to do with my hands in the moment, so I lightly placed them on his chest. We pulled apart and he stepped away.

"You still have to go?" He asks, sadness in his voice now.

"Yeah, it's only a month though. I'll be back to help you in all things supernatural. And if things come up and I'm still in Fresno, just call me." I smile and he smiles back.

"Stiles!" Noah calls from down the hall. "Malia is here!"

For some reason, it felt like something broke inside me. I look down and start to exit his room. "Have fun with Malia." I snap.

"She's just a friend Myla." Stiles states.

"Tell that to Eichen House, another thing the nogitsune told me." I turn towards the door and Malia showed up. "Have fun, nice to meet you Malia."

I walk down the hallway to leave but Noah stopped me. He held his arms out and stepped over, hugging him. "You know, I'm on your team. I'm team Myla."

I step away and look up at him. "There's no team Myla, only team Malia. Thank you, for everything. Seriously."

"No, thank you." Noah opens the front door. "You made Stiles happy while all of this happened and you saved me and my deputies' lives. So thank you. Bye Myla."

I wave and walk down the pavement to my father's car. I sit inside, clasping my seatbelt. I sigh putting my head back against the head rest.

"Ready?" My father asks, putting the car in drive.

"Ready."

author's note !
hi everyone ! that's the end !
I've started working on a
sequel, let me know if I
should start working on it
more and finish.

I know this isn't the end
anyone really wanted or
expected, but my plan so far
to the next one will be a lot
more closing for everyone.

thank you for all of the
support during this journey.
I worked really hard on it and
I'm glad people are enjoying
it. I smile every time I see
someone add it to their reading
list or vote for a chapter. again
I wanted to say THANK YOU !

~kylee