Chapter 20 - Not in love

Of course, bright and early, Loki awoke to set sights on you. You wouldn't think it was a flattering sight... the hairs sticking out in different directions, the subtle snore and small dribble of drool. Scratch that, you would have buried yourself alive in embarrassment at the sight, but Loki couldn't stop the growing smile on his lips.

Curving upwards, it almost hurt, as he had never smiled so much, especially not because of a person, let alone a Midgardian.

But he needed to leave, save you the embarrassment of being seen in bed with him. Slipping away he saw the physical discomfort he caused in his absence, the way your previous soft smile turning down into a frown.

Loki left to his room, using his magic instead of risking it by using the halls. Tossing up the neatly made bed he settled back in it, the cold sheets contacting his warm skin which had warmed with you in his arms.

"Morning, brother!" Thor burst through the doors causing Loki's soul to almost leave his body.

"What in the nines is wrong with you?!" Loki howled with a scowl as Thor looked around in disappointment. "What are you looking for?"

"I was certain you had spent the evening with Y/n, but I guess you had become a domesticated fowl considering you chickened out,"

"I have no clue as to what that means... But I assure you I have no reason to spend the night with her,"

"You have every reason to do so! It's blatantly obvious you are quite enchanted by her,"

"Mr Thor isn't wrong, Mr Loki," Peter quipped as he passed the hall.

"Quiet down, Spiderling," Loki hisses as Peter disappeared. "She's a brilliant sorceress, it's hard not to admire her,"

"Ah, but admiring you do too much of for it to be just that," Thor grins as Loki slipped on a shirt and going to the bathroom to freshen up.

"And you admire Sif for her combat skills quite a bit yet you court Lady Jane,"

"Well, I have known Sif for centuries and learned to respect her... but you... you have known Y/n for a few months and turned to follow her like a lost puppy,"

Loki spits out the toothpaste and cleans his toothbrush. "I do not act like such," he growls before rinsing his mouth.

"Oh, do not deny!" Loki pushed past his brother and to the kitchen where the Avengers enjoyed a hangover cure breakfast prepared by Vision. "You are more entranced by Y/n than you were of Fandral and his charming remarks.,"

"Yes, well in my youth I was idiotic enough to think Fandral was the most dashing of the lot when he merely coaxed me with deception," Loki hisses.

"Woah, Reindeer games likes guys too?"

"On Asgard there are no such prejudice to same sex relationships, love is as it is, there is no need for discrimination or hatred for such choices," Loki informs as he brews his tea. "And for your information, I don't mind both,"

"Mr Loki is bi... This is awesome!" Peter high fives Pietro.

"But let us all be clear of this, I am not in love with Y/n,"

"We never said love, I stated you were entranced,"

"Why you-" Loki conjured a dagger, lifting it to Thor's abdomen. "Fuck off," Loki had learned the slur but only now decided to use it.

"He said a bad word, Steve!" Tony gasps.

"Never going to let that go, are you?" Steve was met with resounding no's.

"Fuck!" The group perks up as there was clatter, crashes and bangs from your room. Loki was the first to rush to your room with everyone clambering after. When he burst open your door you were pulling on some jeans with only your bra on.

"Oh dear," Loki averted his eyes as you go wide eyed and make the door slam shut on all of them.

"A little red there, Loki," Wanda smirks as you open the door again, now fully dressed.

"Can I help you?"

"We thought you were in danger, everything ok?" Bucky quickly cleared up.

"I'm fine! Just a little late," grabbing your satchel, you leave the room only to run back in and dive to your vial cabinet.

"Late for what?"

"Mama Delphine wanted me to accompany her to the cemetery," you suddenly stopped dead in your tracks and slapped your head. "Loki, would you please watch Lydia while we're out? You're the only person she'll listen to,"

"Of course,"

"Oh you are an angel!" you look back in the cabinet to see the vial missing. Groaning, you crawl under your bed and take out a box. "Nope, nope, nope, nope," The group stares as you mumble to yourself until you pull out a stone. "Ha!"

"A stone?" Vision was just as confused as everyone else.

"A stone from New Orleans!" Pocketing the mineral in its own leather slip, Loki was ready to leave which was perfect. "I will see you all soon!"

~~~

This is turning out to be a longer fic than I planned

Also previously I stated Loki was pan because I was basing him off my knowledge on Loki both in (older) comics and Norse mythology.

Mainly because this was written before confirmation

- Anna ❤️