Chapter 31 - Merry Newsmas!

"I can't take this anymore," Loki sent an illusion of Taylor swift to ask Tom to talk, of course this was after seeing an article about their former courting when he searched the actors name on his device.

You watched with a tilt as Tom excused himself, spotting the green glow around Taylor and turning to Loki who had walked up to you. The music had changed to a waltz which you and Tom had enjoyed up to this point.

"What is your problem?"

He took your hand in his and started to waltz around with the surrounding people, you reluctantly following. "I don't like him,"

"Evidently," The count down had started just as the danced ended.

"Was I not meant to make it so obvious?" he scowls.

"You weren't meant to show it at all, Loki," you shoot back.

"Why not? Can I not express my opinion?"

10...

"You may but this was blatantly rude!"

"How so? I merely stated my distaste for mewling thespians who boast their work!"

9...

"As if you don't do that!"

"I do not! I am not a thespian, I am a prince! I have no need-"

8...

"You boast even as a prince!"

"Watch your tongue, witch, I may have a soft spot for you but I will not tolerate lies," He hisses.

"Lies? Thought you were one to enjoy them, being the god of such after all!" You mock with a snarl.

"Lies and tricks, not lies and hate, Y/n!"

3...

"You are unbeleivable! To think you had changed-"

2...

"To think you were actually starting to be a decent person!"

1...

"I can't believe-" Fireworks went off not only outside but between you and Loki. His hand on your cheek, pulling you against him, shooting lightning between your lips. People did the same, but you hadn't cared for the thought of others.

Only this.

His lips angrily pushed against yours, the aggression from the banter building up between you both as you pushed back. But soon you both melted, taking into account the moment, the aggression now being realised as jealousy on Loki's end and frustration for falling head over heels for him on yours.

Your fluttered shut eyes open, easily looking up in a daze at Loki who had pulled away. His eyes dilated like obsidian against emerald. There was no fear, regret or hate. It all fizzled out with that kiss and the lovesick gaze shared.

"Happy New Years, Enchantress," he mumbles before you threw your lips back onto his, wrapping your arms tightly around him as he tried to gain balance.

"Happy New Years, Loki," you whisper against his hot breath with touching foreheads.

"Took you two long enough," Tony pats your back after his kiss with Pepper.

"What?" You both mumble in confusion.

"It was too obvious you both liked each other," Thor sighs, relieved at the resolved conflict of ignorance.

"What- It was not obvious!" You both yell in embarrassment.

"It was!" The group yells back making you sink into Loki's arms as he sighed.

"Where is Lydia?" Loki suddenly looked around in panic as you did as well, but you spotted the girl next to Roman in the kids area, giving him a nudge as they sat close. "Oh, I don't think so,"

"Loki," You pull him by the collar, and roll down the sleeves he had pulled up. "Don't,"

"I wasn't- She shouldn't- I'm not- Fine! Fine..." He sent a wisp of green to Roman which you caught in a bubble and rid of. "Damn you,"

You pat his cheek and let him trail behind as you walked to Lydia. "Hey, Lyds, who's this?"

"This is Roman! I just beat him twice in Mario Kart!"

"I let her," he whisper cheekily earning a playful punch from the redhead.

"You're not meant to say anything!" she whisper shouts with a fake anger.

"Whoops!" He shrugs and offers her a lollipop. "Forgive me?"

"Fine," she snatches the candy as you took her hand.

"Come on, time to go, Lyds, say goodbye,"

"Bye, Roman!" She gives him a hug which he returns, watching her leave with a small wave. "Wait," she let go of your hand and ran back to Roman and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Happy New Years,"

The boy was left a blushing mess as she ran back. "Merry Newsmas- wait..." he slaps his forehead as she giggles now with you.

"I'll kill him," Loki growl which you scold with a slap of magic.

"None of that, it was just a kiss on the cheek,"

"Yeah, Loki~" Lydia teases when she was suddenly lifted into his arms.

"You tricky girl, such a troublemaker!" He starts to tickle her relentlessly, with her grasping for your help.

~~~

Short chapter but oh well!

- Anna ❤️