Chapter 41 - Pumpkin

"Now, show us to your room, pumpkin," Lydia held onto Loki's hands as she sat on his shoulder, a few girls gasping at the sight of not only new adults but also the fact they were Avengers.

"Just here," Loki ducked under the door to avoid hitting Lydia. The room was tight, cramped and bare. The small closet and eaten away bed clouded the room with the smell of rust and rotten wood. Water dripped from the ceiling, through the paint and seeping into the wardrobe.

In the corner was a small desk with two simple things, a pencil and pebble. Along the small windowsill, there was a stuffed animal you remembered that Loki gifted her one Christmas.

"Is this it?"

"Miss Hansen says simplicity is key," Lydia was placed down as she took out an old suitcase which definitely wasn't hers.

"Where are your suitcases, Lyds?"

"Uhm... Miss Hansen said they were too distracting... she put most of my stuff in the bin..."

"She what?!" You were pulled back from the door by Loki. "No, let go of me, this is barbaric!"

"We will get Tony to deal with this, let's just get Lydia packed," As the girl packed her things up, there were no more than 5 articles of clothing, not counting the ones she wore at that moment. Her soap was cheap and moldy which made you sick.

"That's it," She shrugs.

"Where is your hair clip?" Lydia shifted uncomfortably which made Loki frown. "If you lost it, it's alright, pumpkin, but I can tell you didn't lose it,"

"Miss Hansen took it, said it was too shiny... said it would match her better," A dark look clouded Loki's eyes as he stood up. "It's fine! We can find another,"

"No, we can't because that belonged to my Mother," he growls. "Darling, would you please call Stark to the scene along with the others,"

"Gladly," you dialed the others as Loki strode down the hall in a boiling anger.

"Y/n, come on-"

"Quiet, my sweet... and call me mum,"

She pouts before nodding and taking your hand, passing the other girls who looked shocked, jealous and the such. As you informed the others, they said they were nearby, a few shouts and yell over the phone could be heard from what you said until you hung up.

"Are you sure you want to take her? I'm much better," The blonde girl from before stunts up. "She's a devil child," she hisses and shoves the broom to Lydia. "Why don't you fly away on your broom, witch,"

"Excuse me?" You snarl, the girl's face fell, noting her attempt to impress you failed quite horribly. "As a witch, I find those words hurtful and offensive..."

"A witch??" The girl gapes.

"Yes, and you're mistaken, because brooms aren't used for flying, it's used to clean our homes of negative energy," blue wisped to the broom and made it stiffen up. "And I sense a lot of negative energy from you, young lady,"

"Mum, come on, it's ok," Lydia nudges you away, wanting no more attention.

"Be glad my daughter has better morals than me," snapping at the blonde it seemed you scared her away.

~~~

"I don't know what you're talking about!" As you and Lydia reached the main foyer, the Avengers burst through the door, looking angry. "Who are you?- Oh my god," Realisation hit Miss Hansen.

"Guys!" Lydia rushes into Thor's arms as it seemed every orphan ran down the stairs, even the blonde girl who looked gob smacked.

"Tony Stark, genius, playboy, billionaire and philanthropist," Tony looks around at the orphanage with a grimace. "Don't even think about defending yourself, Y/n has informed us about this place,"

"I- I'm sure good things?"

"Far from," Tony looks at the orphans, sighing at the state of some, obviously there was favorites and a horrible hierarchy. "Stark Relief is on it's way, this place will be in tip top shape," Tony clicked a few pictures of the place. "And your duties have been relieved, I expect you to leave this place in the next few hours unless you want to face my lawyers for mistreatment of my god daughter,"

"Who said she was your god daughter?" Clint scoffs.

"I did," Tony smirks as Miss Hansen nods and runs down the hall.

"Did you get it?" you look to Loki who nods and holds up the snake hair clip.

"Come here, pumpkin," Loki pushed back Lydia's tangled hair. "Now, when we get back, how does a movie and some hot chocolate sound?"

"Perfect, thank you, Loki,"

"It's dad to you, young lady," he pokes her nose as she giggles.

~~~

Short but it needed to be done!

- Anna ❤️