Chapter 38 - I'm sorry

"Whatever you hear, do not leave Mama's side, understood?"

"Yeah yeah,"

"Lydia," Loki said sternly. "I don't want you following us, I want you by Mama's side while she knits you a nice little jumper," The god squeezes the girl's shoulders.

"Fine... but I want to play on your phone,"

"Alright," the phone was handed over and soon they left down the small stair case which revealed after the marking was tapped on twice.

A chilly breeze shot through the group, slithering across armour as the weapons were raised. Bruce has opted to stay behind, not wanting to collapse the structure thanks to the big guy. A deafening echo blasted through with each step. Hallways led and twisted around but Loki didn't need to stop and check.

Your energy, your hurt, your pain was strong and he could feel your drained energy.

Then there it was, your cry, something he hoped to never hear. But he knew it was you. The only time he had heard it when you took a bullet to the shoulder for him a few months ago on a mission.

"Y/n..." Loki dashed off with the others behind him.

~~~

"P-please stop!" You whimper as another marking was carved into your arm. "Please-" the blood rushed out, splashing away with Holy water that doused itself on you.

"May Judgement allow your soul into Heaven," Parris chanted. "May the sin wash out each cut,"

"Stop it!" You sob, your bruised and scratched cheek stinging at the tears.

"You will be redeemed! Repent, child, repent, detach yourself from the devil and walk with us!"

"STOP IT!" Another knife traced dips on your skin which triggered another wave of cries and tears. "PLEASE!"

"Exit her, devil!" There was a sudden groan and rumble from behind, Loki conjured a spike of ice to impale the nearest order member. It seemed that the spell didn't stop his Jotun powers.

"Who are you?-" Another member was shot down by Nat who let him drop at her feet.

Each Order fought the Avengers, failing easily. Victor took a knife to your neck as your heavy breathing hitched at the cold metal. "One more step and she's dead!"

"Leave her alone," Loki snarled.

"She will be redeemed! I will extract the devil from her! She will be sin free and pure-" A spear of ice impaled the last Parris.

Uncontrollably sobbing at the pain and relief, Loki rushed to your side, holding you tight and untying your from the chair. "T-the key, on his belt," you whisper weakly.

Loki quietly took the key and unlocked the cuffs which caused a fresh breath to enter you, your energy surging back only to stop when your bruised torso seared a pain through you.

"I'm sorry-"

"Not a word, darling," Loki mumbles, taking you into his arms and rushing with the rest out from the catacombs.

~~~

Shield was ready to pack up, cover up and such, the Order head quarters and the bodies accounted for the moment the heroes reached the surface.

"Y/n!" Lydia screams and runs over with watery eyes. "Y-y/n?!"

"What are you doing here," you cough out a little blood. "Gross..."

"Is she going to be ok?" Lydia looked to Loki who nods as she was taken into Mama's arms, shielding the little girl's eyes from your wrecked body.

"Get her on the table," Bruce instructed, instincts kicking in as he started to treat you.

"I'm sorry, Lokes,"

Loki deadpanned to you. "Sorry? why in the nines are you sorry??"

"I dropped your apple pie,"

"What-" Loki rolled his eyes, remembering when he asked for some apple pie while you were out getting supplies. "Quiet down, silly enchantress,"

"I also did take a taste of it, so sorry about- that..." groaning mid sentence at the alcohol stinging your cut, Loki held your hand softly.

"I don't care about the pie, I was so worried,"

"So was I... I mean who else would stop you from stabbing Thor?" Even like this you managed to laugh.

~~~

Resting on your bed, now out of your bloody and dirt covered clothes and in one of Loki's shirts, the god tried to get Lydia to go home with Mama but it seemed the girl was too stubborn.

"I am not leaving her!" Lydia sniffles as Loki picked her up.

"Alright, my little one, you may stay, but behave," she nods, clinging onto Loki as he entered your room, seeing you sipping at the healing tea Mama had brewed for you.

"Hey, Lyds, come here," You pat the spot beside you, the redhead jumping out of Loki's arms and onto the bed. "How's my little witch doing?"

"Much better now that you're here," she carefully cuddle against you. "I helped save you,"

"Did you now?" Loki sat beside Lydia and fluffed the duvet up over you three. "How did you do that?"

Lydia went on, giving every detail of her story. Shifting closer, Loki wrapped an arm around you, sandwiching Lydia between. Eventually after a while of stories from Loki, Lydia fell asleep, holding onto his hand tight, curled against you.

"I love you," Loki mumbles, a look of surprise on your face.

"You do?"

"Too much, It's painfully obvious," Loki kissed your lip, soothing the bruise. "You don't have to say it, but after nearly losing you, I just had to confess,"

"You're an idiot to think I don't love you too,"

His eyes lightened in delight, his giddy state making Lydia shift with a whine. "I'm sorry, witchling," he chuckles softly before kissing your head. "Rest, my love,"

"Don't have to tell me twice," Loki's protective gaze stayed on you and Lydia, only leaving your side to double check the windows were locked and that the tower was safe.

~~~

Cute vibes T-T

Cute vibes T-T

- Anna ❤️