Chapter 30 - Favourite scene

"So, what's the great Tom Hiddleston doing alone?" You rid the punch of Thor's liquor with your magic.

"Tony Stark sent my manager an invite and I thought, why not give it a go?"

"No date? Have you not been able to choose from the many who swoon for you?"

He chuckles with an eye roll. "No, I thought I might actually meet someone here," a small glint passes his eyes when he looks back to you.

"Well, there are plenty of people here, but it seems none have struck conversation with you?"

"None at all, it's quite lonesome,"

You hold you arm out for him. "Come with me, I'm sure the group would love to meet you!"

"The Avengers would love to meet me?"

"First off, the girls and I loved High rise and secondly you love Shakespeare and so does Loki, you two will get along fine,"

"Well, if that's so, then I'd be honoured," he laughs at the role reverse as you do as well. Moving through the crowd you see the group who all turn with shocked faces as you had Tom cling onto you.

"Look who it is," the girls were the last to turn, but it seems Pietro was the one to squeal as Tom laughs that charming laugh yet again. "I'm glad I held it together better,"

"You guys seeing this?" Tony whispers to the group as you quirked a brow at his glances from Tom to a scowling Loki.

"See?" You ask.

"Nothing, Sherlock," Tony scoffs in absolute disbelief at the lack of recognition.

"Can Tom join? It seemed I was his knight in shining armour, saving him from torturous boredom!"

"Stop being so dramatic, I was just at the buffet table," he nudges you slightly, taking a seat in Lydia's empty seat which you offered. He turns to Loki and holds out his hand. "Tom Hiddleston, pleasure to meet you, Loki,"

"Prince Loki, actually," Loki sneers at the hand which makes Tom hesitantly put it away. "So what is it exactly you do?"

"I'm an actor,"

"A thespian? Quite boring," Loki yawns.

"I heard you like theatre, I actually do quite a lot of Shakespeare," Tom looks to you, hoping for approval that he didn't mishear you.

"Yeah, Tom was in Hamlet, Coriolanus and Othello!" You say excitedly, hopeful to break the tension. "I actually really liked watching Coriolanus when it streamed on the National Theatre, but I think Pietro liked it more," you point to the fawning speedster. "But trust me, he didn't understand a single word,"

"Shakespeare isn't the easiest," Tom grinned, showing off his pearly white smile too oddly similar to the trickster god's. Tony deadpans to Thor who looked pale and sick, seeing his brothers much less devious doppelganger seemed to tussle his full stomach.

"It's actually quite simple," Loki scoffs.

"Not for everyone, Lokes," you send a confused glance to him once Tom faced away.

"I really liked High rise," Bruce inputs. "Y/n and Nat couldn't stop talking about it, so I had to watch it myself, your performance was wonderful,"

"Thank you, Dr Banner,"

"C-call me Bruce," Tom nods as the Doctor shakes his hand across the table.

"I didn't talk about it that much, Y/n and Pietro were the ones fawning over the sunbathing scene," A heat rose in your cheeks, your eyes glaring daggers at Nat.

Tom snickers. "Yes, I do believe that was a favourite for a few,"

"Why?" Steve soon learned to regret his words.

"Because Mr Hiddleston here was sunbathing naked with a small magazine over his... area," Peter coughs out.

"Just call me Tom,"

"Peter," the actor shook the boys hand. "I-I'm an intern,"

"Very lucky, I believe Stark Industries is quite difficult to apply for, a very fine company indeed," the Loki lookalike smiled at Tony who couldn't help but blush as Pepper held back a burst of laughter at his reaction.

"Do you court anyone?" Thor muses from his seat which seemed to look like a child's version as he sat upon it.

"Heavens no, not as of now,"

"I can see why," Loki says quietly which made you send a flare of magic to hit his head. A look of discomfort passed Tom's face as the rest roll their eyes at the obvious jealousy.

"Hey, Tom, did you want to dance?" You had gotten sick of Loki's behavior and stood up.

"I would love to, but I warn my moves are deadly," he winks and holds out his hand for you.

"I think I'm a worthy opponent,"

~~~

Loki watched from his seat, anger boiling, rising and almost spewing from every inch of him. The way that wretched thespian held you, dancing his hands along your figure. Of course the song had turned to more modern music as the night went on, no longer waltz's or ballads.

What angered him more than the man's hands on you was the way your eyes sparkled with every joke or comment he made. And he couldn't see why... why you took such interest, such attraction towards someone who looked so different from him.

Was he truly not your type?

"I can't believe you invited a Loki look alike," Clint scoffs.

"I actually thought he was Loki in disguise when I saw him play as Thomas Sharpe in Crimson peak," Nat showed the group a picture of the character.

"They look exactly the same!" Thor boomed.

"I don't look anything like that imbecile," Loki snarls at the group, dismissing the phone.

"You do," Sam mumbles quietly only for the group knowing Loki was too focused trying to Hex Tom with his mind.

~~~

;)

- Anna ❤️