Chapter 37 - I am helpful!

"Lydia, you cannot come with us,"

"Please, Loki! I want to save Y/n!"

"And by staying here you will do just that," Loki clipped back her curly hair with a gold snake clip. "Now be a good witchling and listen to Vision while I'm gone,"

"Come along, Miss Osmond, let's play a board game," Vision took the girl from Loki, talking about whatever it is he thought would interest the girl.

"Are you sure you want to tag along, mama?" Loki worried for the witch.

"I may be old but I am not useless,"

~~~

"Miss Osmond?" Vision held a tray of sandwiches and milk, looking for the little girl, finding a small note.

Sorry Mr Vision Robot Sir, I need to save Y/n!

- Lydia :)

"Oh no..."

~~~

"How long?"

Clint clicked a few buttons. "An hour or so,"

Everyone nodded, settling in the seats along the walls of the Quinjet. Loki paced back and forth, summoning and ridding his hand of his trusty dagger. But what caught his eye was the small flash of purple, the height of a child in the corner.

"Dammit," he sighs and walks casually over to beside to blur, looking at the medical kit, but this was his illusion as his real self picked the blur up. "What are you doing here?"

"Ah!" Lydia squeals.

"Lydia, I told you not to come," the rest sigh in frustration as the little girl pouts.

"I want to help!" when she was put down she readied herself. "I can fight, you see?" She punches the god's leg.

"I know, you are such a strong witchling, but you're not safe coming along," Loki settled the girl in a seat and bent down in front of her. "I know you love Y/n and want to save her, I do too, I love her oh so very much,"

"You do?" The group gaped at the confession as Loki confirmed Lydia's confused look.

"I do, and I promise you, we will get her, but I don't think either of us could ever stand losing you, little one," he pinches her cheek before exasperating a sigh. "You may come along, but once we find their quarters, you are to stay with Mama, I'm sure she will be able to contain you,"

"Really?"

"Really," he confirms, the little girl jumping into his arms.

"I'll do my best!"

"I know you will," Loki clipped back the snake again, fixing her messy hair.

~~~

"What's on the menu today, gents?" You muse, spitting blood on the first comer like clockwork. "Electrocution, Holy Waterboarding, Needles, Chanting or am I getting something new?"

"Holy water, it seems your redemption is almost complete,"

"This is some Hazbin Hotel bullshit..." putting on the best smile you watched the towel and barrel be rolled out. "Have you ever realised the Irony of this all?"

"Irony?" Victor stopped the others. "How so?"

"Well, if you think about it, Holy water, blessing the food, it's all a form of the craft,"

"Are you accusing us of witchcraft?!" Victor slaps you again as the others gasp in horror at your sentence.

"I'm not accusing, I'm stating... ever wonder how the barrier protecting this place is so strong?" The angry Order moves towards you with tools. "Let me guess... Parris said it was pure? Pure magic? Holy magic?" a shrill escaped you. "Take it from the real witch here, magic like this, stopping my boyfriend from tracking your asses isn't pure,"

"Stop it-"

"It's dark... bloody... witchcraft!"

"Stop your lies!" a somber laugh escaped your lips when his fist collided with your face.

"Is this true, brother Parris?" one of the men ask with distaste, though unsure who to believe.

"Of course not! Samuel Parris would never delve into sin! She is a lying sneaky witch,"

"Thanks," your bloodied grin shone through.

"Now let us commence,"

~~~

Starting at the original site of the trials, each hero stalked around the forest edges. An uneven feeling of despair and sorrow filling them as Mama sighed, placing a hand on the memorial on the edge of the woods.

Each inch was inspected, not a single trace seen of you. Loki hadn't stopped, his feet tired but mind racing. His magic was blocked, it seemed so were Mama's and Lydia's.

It meant they were close but there was no entrance at all!

"We could be wrong-"

"No, no, she's here! I can feel her energy..." Loki turned to the group who looked unsure. "Why else would our magic be blocked here? The protection charm is cast over this area which means she's here,"

Lydia sighed and kicked a stone into the woods, watching it tumble across the autumn leaves. (Yes, I think I should mention you and Loki had been dating for many months so there was a big time skip~)

As the group argued as to where to look next, Lydia jumped across large stones after climbing the top one. Her fuzzy boots gripping at the stone as she mumbled to herself.

"Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man. Bake me a cake as fast as you can! Pat it and prick it, and mark it with a B. Put it in the oven for Baby and me!" Lydia landed on the last stone which had a small engraving on it.

"Lydia?!" Loki ran around frantically before spotting the girl. "My dear, do not run off like that-" he followed her finger which pointed to the engraving.

"You see? I am helpful!"

~~~

Nursery rhymes my guy

- Anna ❤️